In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

There's so much to be said for having some way of burning logs, even if it's just as a back up to modern heating systems (and energy supply price hikes).

And alot of people don't consider about gas or oil heating systems not working when the electricity supply fails!

One winter, during the coldest spell we spent a whole month without oil central heating & no log fire. Never again!....

Looking forwards to building a rocket mass heater in the not to distant future.

Thanks for the concern chaps:thumbup: I shall have my gas reconnected by the end of week hopefuly....in the meantime......what a beautiful night's sleep I had in my old room:) why did I ever move out? (26 years ago:D)...commuted the 18 miles to work and even arrived 4 minutes early:)

1383812309018.jpg.97cbb56b9ce9dafe001865b4fc76c0e4.jpg

Thanks for the concern chaps:thumbup: I shall have my gas reconnected by the end of week hopefuly....in the meantime......what a beautiful night's sleep I had in my old room:) why did I ever move out? (26 years ago:D)...commuted the 18 miles to work and even arrived 4 minutes early:)

HI PAUL nice one mate on your bike too i pick up a chap last night he was carrying his bike wheel night for him and it was raining thanks jon :thumbup:

HI PAUL have you got your boiler fixed yet mate thanks jon :thumbup:

My life is no longer in desperate times as you know. I am content although still without gas but that has all dwindled into insignificance due to a couple of recent events...the catastrophic typhoon whuch has brought so much suffering to the Philippines...I was shown so much kindness during my time in London from the filipino community and friends of Mrs Fox...they are wonderful people and I feel so sorry for their nation....I only hope they are able to survive this.......... My heart felt so heavy when I read Little Green woodchopper's post. And when i looked at my Grandson last weekend I couldn't help thinking about poor little Fred....life can be so cruel. And however hard we feel we are done by, there is always somebody worse off...thinking of Fred and the Philippines tonight.......nothing else.

1384294361124.jpg.133fcc8ff630a16066c522036b0c2488.jpg