In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

jon

its very sweet that you want to stick up for your mate, but its not old ground, im just asking why he edited my posts when he didn't have permission!!!!

Hi John things have to move there's no good keep going about it like old bear with a bad head I do no think that help any one keep on and on about it mate I think Paul brings a lot of help to people it very easy to put him down people I'm not one for that my self I will leave that to others to do I think Paul's post are one of the best arb my self thanks Jon

I think this thread does demonstrate something very important. That is, if an employer does not wish to have photos or other information about his business spread across the Internet then that request/condition of employment should be obeyed. The consequences can be serious, summary dismissal for the employee concerned, and in the case of this forum, potential threat of legal action. As moderators, we have to take this seriously, and deal with it. I'm sure in Paul's case, it's all very innocent, but the company concerned were still aggrieved, and some sort of action had to be taken.

We can move on now, Paul removed the offending pictures, but overstepped the mark by altering Johns posts, even Mods don't take advantage of their position in such a manner.

As mods, we do not pick on any individual, we deal with the content of the posts in order to maintain a forum that is inoffensive, clean and a pleasant place to visit. Lets all work together to keep that up. :001_smile:

I think this thread does demonstrate something very important. That is, if an employer does not wish to have photos or other information about his business spread across the Internet then that request/condition of employment should be obeyed. The consequences can be serious, summary dismissal for the employee concerned, and in the case of this forum, potential threat of legal action. As moderators, we have to take this seriously, and deal with it. I'm sure in Paul's case, it's all very innocent, but the company concerned were still aggrieved, and some sort of action had to be taken.

We can move on now, Paul removed the offending pictures, but overstepped the mark by altering Johns posts, even Mods don't take advantage of their position in such a manner.

As mods, we do not pick on any individual, we deal with the content of the posts in order to maintain a forum that is inoffensive, clean and a pleasant place to visit. Lets all work together to keep that up. :001_smile:

Hi Andy your right mate Jon

Good Morning Arbtalk!... I have just woken after a Marathon 11 hours! no ladders or throwline on board yesterday and a succession of climbs in the morning followed by a rather exciting fish from murky lake to fresh pond opperation that I watched plus the excitement of my new life ahead left me spent....even thought I was going to fall asleep on my bike as I cycled home!!! (A First)....woke up to a war going on on my thread so......"EXPLANATION TIME!"...I am very new to computers/Internet Stuff. it,s all a bit confusing to me...even had my first PM battle a few weeks ago...this is the only Forum I use or have ever seen. I don,t know much about politics..online this and that. I am a simple man who has a passion for Trees and Treework. As you know I am about to leave London after five years of various treework and move to the North East...I gave reasons for this last move and within hours received news that I should remove certain things quickly so as not to infringe certain company rules.......This (as I said) completely new to me and as I post my stuff in all innocence I could only think of one instance within my whole thread which was a post giving my reason/s for leaving........SO.....in a panic and given the "edit button" I raced to erase anything associated with my post....i.e "My Post and following comments"....including one from my good friend DEXTA....which was about cooling down in a lake! Now...Mr Collins is exactly right...it is 100% innocent and even as I write this I keep thinking about how nice it will be to climb/stump grind today (sun is coming up).....in a blind panic I began to remove/alter those comments....I couldn,t work out how to do ut other than change the sentence because it wouldn,t let me erase.....what could I replace it with...all I could think about was the baking hot sun!!! so from what I can remember (and by this time I thought the Chip had really hit the fan) I wrote "Hot....Hot hot hot or the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain!".............................satisfied that I had removed the problem I returned to the yard/office......spoke to my Senior Boss who explained that (in A Nutshell) they had no problem with the thread etc...it was simply this....."Pictures could not show company logo,s or Names......with the help of my mate Samuel later that evening (I tried from 5 till about 8.30 to delete pictures but couldn,t even manage one!) we sifted through 173 pages to clean up this unfortunate mess................John, I apologise 100% and from the bottom of my heart...I have no former experience in this kind of episode or the rollercoaster of events after that...NOR DO I EVER SEE THIS HAPPENING AGAIN!.....I write my thread and post associated pictures purely that people may share my love of Trees and Arb and might get some sort of pleasure from reading and sharing in my rather Random life....as I said before...I,m a simple man with no agenda......

Silky this thread has been IMO the best on Arbtalk and although it appears you may have upset a small minority I hope the thread continues as your passion for tree's and the environment really shines through when you read through your posts. It has been very enjoyable to follow and long may it continue!....