What small telehandler to buy gratefull of advice

gensetsteve

We have a 2001 Manitou 526 Turbo, brilliant little machine, ours is on huge boots so it's good out on the fields, but round a yard you can shrink them quite considerably with smaller wheel equipment. 2 & half tonne lift, 5m boom, Perkins engine. Lovely tools...

P2240574.jpg.847cacd57a9f5e957e703c458ffa902f.jpg

Nice straight tidy looking manitou looks like the sort of machine we are looking for. Someone mentioned not buying from a livestock farm is this due to the corrosive wee type substances getting into the delicate bits ? . Do some of these machines have hydraulic based joysticks rather than micro switch based systems. I am not keen on too many delicate micro switches and electronic bits.

Nice straight tidy looking manitou looks like the sort of machine we are looking for. Someone mentioned not buying from a livestock farm is this due to the corrosive wee type substances getting into the delicate bits ? . Do some of these machines have hydraulic based joysticks rather than micro switch based systems. I am not keen on too many delicate micro switches and electronic bits.

This one has a cable operated main stick with separate sticks for boom & 3rd service, no digital proportional controls, they come on machines designated LSU I think which have load sensing hydraulics.

Modern machines have less sheet metal work on them and more drawn sections and plastic so are less susceptible to the rot which destroyed wings, mudguards, cab frames and doors on earlier machines. Can't really comment on not buying from a stock farm, ours is a small mixed unit and it does bugger all, there are arable farms which will destroy pumps & torque convertors hauling fully loaded bale trailers or seed out to fields, you takes your pick really, clean and worn out or dirty and potentially worn out!

We bought an old sambron 4wd rear steer off ebay 2 weeks ago its only a small thing and needs some tlc. uses more hydraulic oil than diesel lol and its started to not want to engage drive either forward or reverse. my advice is spend abit more and get a decent one. TBH all the ones i've driven loadall matbro manitoue sanderson have all been as good to operate as the next. If i had a fav it would be the loadall.

hi steve , i hire in various ones when needed, love to own one but mrs (who wears the trousers) is after holiday home,,,,the manitou 526 turbo like above is by far my favorite,,,tried the buggyscope and sent it back straight away,,sinks on soft ground,,friends have merlos,,,and they rate em,,,,I will get one but reckon it`ll be the 526 turbo,,,,,,have also hired a jcb one,,,,nice but very bouncy,,,,

hi steve , i hire in various ones when needed, love to own one but mrs (who wears the trousers) is after holiday home,,,,the manitou 526 turbo like above is by far my favorite,,,tried the buggyscope and sent it back straight away,,sinks on soft ground,,friends have merlos,,,and they rate em,,,,I will get one but reckon it`ll be the 526 turbo,,,,,,have also hired a jcb one,,,,nice but very bouncy,,,,

Hi Clive I like your wifes idea better. The way the economy and property prices are a handler may be a better investment. We are looking at similar options and my gut feeling is worth waiting 3 years for some bargain properties. I need a reliable tele as we back up alot of hospitals and I have a couple of nice hire sets which could need loading in the snow 1 oclock in the morning. My 525 is about the oldest bit of kit in my yard. I have 3 forklifts and they always seem to be running around I dread to think the hours we would clock on one machine. processing kindling and logs is easier if you have a couple of forks and a bucket at the same time.