Tree covenant and irate neighour

benedmonds

What a rubbish situation to find yourself in mate.

Personally I would not get involved in the technicalties behind it all, I would have spoken to both customer and neighbour individually. To the customer I would say:

we are leaving site now and if it Turns out that you should not have instructed us to take down the tree then you will be liable to pay the full bill. And to the neighbour I would say: we will leave site and if it Turns out that you had no legal grounds to stop us we will charge you the bill + hours spent/waisted on first attempt!

I'm interested to hear how it ends up tho?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a rubbish situation to find yourself in mate.

Personally I would not get involved in the technicalties behind it all, I would have spoken to both customer and neighbour individually. To the customer I would say:

we are leaving site now and if it Turns out that you should not have instructed us to take down the tree then you will be liable to pay the full bill. And to the neighbour I would say: we will leave site and if it Turns out that you had no legal grounds to stop us we will charge you the bill + hours spent/waisted on first attempt!

I'm interested to hear how it ends up tho?

Do you think you can make that stick?

Do you think you can make that stick?

I would give it a good go! Ask the neighbour for evidence and give him 4 weeks to reply, if nothing comes back then send him the bill and wait another 4 weeks if no reply fill out a small claims court summons form on line (pay £25) and add that to the bill!!

This is Just how I would go about it, weather it would stick or not is down to the people involved but I'm pretty sure from my experience that sooner or later somebody will pay.