Figure of Eight on harnass bridge?

tuttle

Please go easy as this is my first post.

I put a standard DMM figure eight on my harnass bridge, instead of the standard ring, The small eye is on the bridge so the large eye is free and able to take carabiners without any obstructions.

Does anyone think this a good idea?

Please go easy as this is my first post.

I put a standard DMM figure eight on my harnass bridge, instead of the standard ring, The small eye is on the bridge so the large eye is free and able to take carabiners without any obstructions.

Does anyone think this a good idea?

cant youy just clip yr crab to the bridge :001_huh:

Thanks.

The benefit would be that at breaktime I could abseil to my cuppa in record time, plus you have 2 rings so you can have your main line attached to the big ring and your lanyard attached to the small one.

I think it just tidy's everything thing up, and helps get to the carabiners more easily when you need to.

Rupe - I like the look of the figure 9, have you had any problems with the spike? I take it your using the ISC one.

If your using a figure 8 on your bridge i can't really see how you could descend with it considering it has to be removed from the crab to use it in normal circumstances , unless I'm being an idiot

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Likewise, I can't see how to change over from hitch to 8 without either taking it off the bridge or threading the line through from the loose end.... going to be 90 degrees out as well....