Elf n Safety

windfall

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urm. Ok so I've up the lamb bands on there tails before and don't think I like that idea. Looks like it could hurt.......

The bricks would be ok but would have the be engineered blues so they are square and accurate.

Must admit the gazer sounds like it could be fun tho. :sneaky2:

We have all seen the little signs on lamp posts telling us that if our dogs Sh$t in the street we will be fined up to a max of £1000, how many times have you heard of anyone getting the max fine? £6000 is well over the top if you ask me,just big brother and bullshit.

We have all seen the little signs on lamp posts telling us that if our dogs Sh in the street we will be fined up to a max of £1000, how many times have you heard of anyone getting the max fine? £6000 is well over the top if you ask me,just big brother and bullshit.

You haven't looked into this too deeply have you?

Its six grand total, two grand is costs and four grand fines for three separate offences, that's thirteen hundred per offence give or take.

From memory the max fine for the offences is twenty grand per, so he got fined for three different things and got nowhere near the maximum, he also has a career of doing this behind him so the muppet is well in pocket.

He claims to have now got the required training so he has now spent what he should have in the first place, if he spent it sooner he wouldn't have got the fines.

You haven't looked into this too deeply have you?

Its six grand total, two grand is costs and four grand fines for three separate offences, that's thirteen hundred per offence give or take.

From memory the max fine for the offences is twenty grand per, so he got fined for three different things and got nowhere near the maximum, he also has a career of doing this behind him so the muppet is well in pocket.

He claims to have now got the required training so he has now spent what he should have in the first place, if he spent it sooner he wouldn't have got the fines.

where dose it state he has done this before?? im sorry but you come across as a gov employed jobsworth, (no insult intended) imho BULLSHIT!

:thumbup:

where dose it state he has done this before?? im sorry but you come across as a gov employed jobsworth, (no insult intended) imho BULLSHIT!

:thumbup:

Not a jobsworth by any stretch of the imagination, I don't like being told what to do and like you I thought the "fine" was excessive but the first report I saw was from a newspaper who are only interested in selling papers and don't let the truth get in the way of a good story so I looked into it before I made a decision.

Reading several accounts of the episode I came to the conclusion that the muppet involved is a chancer that has spent many years ignoring the rules that the rest of us (by and large) obey, costing us many thousands in the process.

It's only right and fitting that this clown should be penalised, as I have said before, the fine and costs are nothing compared to what he has saved over his career, he is a landscaper chancing his arm. (no pun intended)

Some of the info is linked from this thread and google is your friend, you can see details of the convictions online all you have to do is look but here is a summary.

He plead guilty to offences under

Work at height regulations....in a tree without a rope and harness

PPE at work regulations......no proper PPE for him or his employee

Provision and use of working equipment regs......using a chainsaw without training.

Here is a link to the IOSH site with some details

Industry news-1-1 - IOSH

So in summary, a muppet drove a coach and horses through all the rules the rest of us have to obey, do you still think its unfair?

Not a jobsworth by any stretch of the imagination, I don't like being told what to do and like you I thought the "fine" was excessive but the first report I saw was from a newspaper who are only interested in selling papers and don't let the truth get in the way of a good story so I looked into it before I made a decision.

Reading several accounts of the episode I came to the conclusion that the muppet involved is a chancer that has spent many years ignoring the rules that the rest of us (by and large) obey, costing us many thousands in the process.

It's only right and fitting that this clown should be penalised, as I have said before, the fine and costs are nothing compared to what he has saved over his career, he is a landscaper chancing his arm. (no pun intended)

Some of the info is linked from this thread and google is your friend, you can see details of the convictions online all you have to do is look but here is a summary.

He plead guilty to offences under

Work at height regulations....in a tree without a rope and harness

PPE at work regulations......no proper PPE for him or his employee

Provision and use of working equipment regs......using a chainsaw without training.

Here is a link to the IOSH site with some details

Industry news-1-1 - IOSH

So in summary, a muppet drove a coach and horses through all the rules the rest of us have to obey, do you still think its unfair?

I'm with you on this- We have to obey rules and so should he.

Bigger fine would have been appropriate to the offence. Theres too many of these guys around leading to undercutting which is not in our interest.

I'm not into the grassing up thing taking hold but how else are they going to catch these guys.

Out of interest, how do you know he has spent many years climbing up trees on a ladder with a chainsaw and ignoring the rules? I can't see any reference to this at all. This is quite important to know as you state he has saved many thousands over the years... but you can only know that if you know how many jobs he has done like this. If this is the only job, then he stood to perhaps save himself, or the customer, something like £150. Just wondering.