Go on, who's the saddo

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was cuting last friday with my MS660, anyway last cut of the day i hit bull wire in a log , I've filed the chain but still when i cut it cutting to one side ( not straight ) do i need to take it to the shop and the chain brake won't kick in when I need it ,it go's over the exhaust. Help my baby is sick ........

Just file it properly, make sure the depth of the cutter is even both sides aswell as the length.

Also make sure the depth gages are files correctly. Slight erros in any of the above is accentuated with bigger bars.

As for the chainbreak issue, see what the dealer says. I think they would only sell yo a new chain though to fix the banana cuts.

Haha..I normally file my chains any old how, it does make a big difference in performance for me to spend some time sharpening a chain instead of rushing it.

One tip I learnt from 3dogs was to always do the last two strokes very lightly to get a better edge.

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

I use to sharpen at the end of every day with calipers. If one tooth was 6.53 then they all had to be. When i started using the saws a lot the habit did die hard but it did take a while to do every night. I sharpen 3 passes on one side 4 on the other and it wears quite evenly. Tend to just do it once a week now just to make sure it stays tip top.

use to knock the burrs off the top plate and off the side of the hook with the wooden handle too.

I'm not so sad anymore:lol:

I use to sharpen at the end of every day with calipers. If one tooth was 6.53 then they all had to be. When i started using the saws a lot the habit did die hard but it did take a while to do every night. I sharpen 3 passes on one side 4 on the other and it wears quite evenly. Tend to just do it once a week now just to make sure it stays tip top.

use to knock the burrs off the top plate and off the side of the hook with the wooden handle too.

I'm not so sad anymore:lol:

You should always knock the burrs off, make the cutters stay sharp much longer.

I just run a stick backward along all the teeth, both sides and the top.