Insurance / Saw review

Dan Earp

Hi guys,

So my question is does anyone know if theres company that sells top up climbing insurance? or of a company that covers everything and is cheap?

Why i ask is because i came across a landscape designer (company owner) and hes very intrested in myself climbing for him, as he has jobs which he would like doing.

Ive phoned one company and recieved a quote of £341 for a years cover at £5m liabilty. Rich the owner would like more quotes as he wants to figger out if its all going to be worth the cover against the amount of times id be climbing compaired to the cost.

Which comes to the next question.. would it be worth buying an echo top handle or stihl ms 201t.

Ive already said to him that it all depense on the amount of work i would do for him and how much hes comfortable in spending.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

If he's questioning 341.00 for the year, then is he really worth doing any work for? Sounds like a wet flannel to me.

hes not questioning (maybe just the way i wrote it) as hes not been in this situation and is learning new things with the arb side bud, also 341 was for me to be cover at 5m Liability, also im only covered when i work for his company

Your post doesnt make a lot of sense. Who exactly is purchasing the insurance, and are you going to be employed by him or self employed?

id be working for him when hes got the work. im already covered at my main place of work but not outside it. so its all new to me, and was wondering if there was such a thing as a ' pay as you climb' type insurance or if its just a standard year.

Also any names of companies people have used and where happy with

not really a pay as you climb.... when you ring up you can specify, how much percentage landscaping, how much tree work on the ground, how much tree work climbing, also how much turn over......

So you may only earn 4k a year off it so it may lower premiums but not sure.

341 is a good price, thats what mine was last year, dropped a bit this year.