Liver and bacon

Mark Bolam

Argh that's disgusting.

The smell makes me feel sick.

The other half eats it all the time and I have to sit in the garden.

She uses lamb liver. But any will do. Fry the oinions first until brown, then add the liver And bacon fry until it lightens in colour, add the gravy mix last and allow to simmer until hot.

Serve and enjoy. Or throw up in the toilet in my case.

My wife doesn't/won't eat liver, kidneys or heart so I very rarely cook it. As I traditionally do most of the cooking, as I'm better at it, I tend to do stuff everyone will eat.

When I have done it I cook most of it seperately and throw it together at the last minute. Standard onion gravy, grilled bacon and flash fry the strips of liver. Getting the liver right takes a bit of practice. Too short and it's a bit fleshy, too long and it's shoe leather.

Throw it in a pan or bowl, stir it up and serve.

Mother dearest used to make devils kidneys, whe n i lived at home. think it had mushrooms, bit of spice, single cream, some type of gravy, iblack pepper, its absolutely amazing.

If you find nowt on the web, let me know, ill get her to tell me the instructions.

Fry the bacon in a pan, put to one side. Slice the liver and coat with flour seasoned with crushed peppercorns.

Flash fry the liver in the bacon fat and put to one side with the bacon.

Chop the onions and fry until golden, pour in a can of guiness or a dark ale. Stir in all of the sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the gravy ,season (marmite works well) and put the meat back in.

Serve with Irish mash and work it off in the morning.:thumbup:

Mother dearest used to make devils kidneys, whe n i lived at home. think it had mushrooms, bit of spice, single cream, some type of gravy, iblack pepper, its absolutely amazing.

If you find nowt on the web, let me know, ill get her to tell me the instructions.

Thanks Jaime, but I simply can not eat kidneys. In fact, like Pauls other half, I can't stand most offal, but I love my liver (not MY liver, liver!).

It makes me feel strong, like a bull.