Duty new bloke, need advice!!

larry

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi larry the lamb

i left the forces in 2005 and did my training at kingswood (hoofin course:001_tt2:) really good and gives you all the basic tickets. I personally don;t know your skills family commits and apptitude but this would be a good start. get in with a company now! work weekends if they do? get a contact in your area off here or travel and get some tree climbing experience. the more experience you can get before you leave the better, because it will make the courses easier and you will learn a lot quicker. network now not when you leave wish i had!

arb is amazing i now wish i had found it before i joined up and wasted 6 years!

what ya doing in pompey? work or live? are you relocating?

johnty on hear is an ex bootneck pti maybe he will have some more specific advice. but the ressetlement package from the mod exactly covers the kingswood course.

good luck

Hey dude,

thanks for the reply, a lot of valid points. KIngswood training has cropped up several times, good and bad points. I'm not married and have a house near Portsmouth, am willing to travel, within reason, to work with local companies to gain some hands on experiance. I have put the feelers out with local companies and have had some posotive feedback. If you get hold of the ex-royal PTI, could you put him in touch with me, would be appriciated.

Any other info you have for me, keep it comming.

I'm not due to leave the Royal's as yet, but I am putting the feelers out.

I've had a great crack and the lads are second to none. However Afghan is wearing thin, and you can see the way it's all going.

Mate, I wish you a happy new year.

Knd regards

Larry Lamb

too right mate same old same old!

there are pros for staying in even though mate and there are pros for leaving!

for me it came down to hating my trade, the navy and having a sexy civvy missus and i would rather wake up to her than a load of matlowes and bootnecks.

where r u based now?

plus look johnty up on members list and pm him i think he was in n. devon

good luck