How much Arb "waste" can you process in a day?

benedmonds

Make a simple holder with 4 posts and a couple of cross pieces so you can stack the thin lengths up 10/20 at a time and chainsaw them in one go

I work part time on an estate and put just about anything over 2" for firewood, the rest is burnt

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure hoping i didnt read that right - or we are just really tight on our estate....

hoping the 10 inch stuff dont go through chipper, we keep pretty much everything down to 3 - 4 inches for firewood. does take some time to deal with though

Everything that can be chipped is chipped! Tree work is what we do, logs are something extra. The chip is sold..:)

Cord sells for far more and chipped cord takes up more load space than unclipped :001_smile:

But I have to pay guys to process it, when I just have to pile up the chip:001_tongue:

Firewood is a very small part of my business, up till last year it was just a sideline for my partner. A big chipper saves time on jobs and I would hate to be without it. Many jobs take half the time with our TW250 compared with our TW190. It may cost more to run but I will never be a member of the wee chipper club.

I am not convinced chipped cord takes up more space then unchipped. I know it is denser, but there is a lot of air spaces when you load logs in the back of a truck.

Very rough estimations, that are bound to be wrong...:

£9 ton for chip so assuming 2cubes to a ton: £4.50 per cube no processing cost

or £70 per cube as firewood but, assuming 2 guys doing 8 cube per day costing £150, wages and fuel and saws etc.... Therefore £18.75 per cube

But I have to pay guys to process it, when I just have to pile up the chip:001_tongue:

Firewood is a very small part of my business, up till last year it was just a sideline for my partner. A big chipper saves time on jobs and I would hate to be without it. Many jobs take half the time with our TW250 compared with our TW190. It may cost more to run but I will never be a member of the wee chipper club.

I am not convinced chipped cord takes up more space then unchipped. I know it is denser, but there is a lot of air spaces when you load logs in the back of a truck.

Very rough estimations, that are bound to be wrong...:

£9 ton for chip so assuming 2cubes to a ton: £4.50 per cube no processing cost

or £70 per cube as firewood but, assuming 2 guys doing 8 cube per day costing £150, wages and fuel and saws etc.... Therefore £18.75 per cube

Cord is not processed and sells for around £35 tonne.