Stihl MS180

minnnt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all tools and machinery are excellent, but everything has its limitations.

I use big kit for big stuff and small kit for small stuff.

If you dont have the right kit then you compromise. I spend a lot of time sharpening saws for customers and friends, and everytime i pick up one of these small saws i laugh at how light they are, i keep meaning to buy one for light jobs. Even the electric saws, are cool. beats a bow saw any day. i think it all comes down to personal preferences.

Yeah, it does tend to kick a bit. I rate it, i would rather use the 180 that the 025's we have at work at the moment, they're ok, but nothing speciat for the extra weight they carry over the 180. I am considering getting a 240, any thoughts?

i have one that i keep with the chipper for snedding small branches before chipping. saves wear on my main saws and quick to sharpen a small chain when it goes dull.

l think they have their place in a domestic or occasional user environment but commercially they not robust enough

I tend to agree, i have a 170 with a 12" bar that i keep for taking out hedges, light, just the right power and quick to sharpen but as a full on work every day saw there not up to it, after all there a home saw for the diy user, having said that there STIHL better that diy shop specials.......(like the pun?)

That Treequip guy recons your a bummer if you dont have a white handle ont saw :laugh1:

Now you are putting words into my mouth. Which is a bit stupid when people can read what I actually did say. You haven’t been at the Xmas sherry have you?

http://www.arbtalk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=89210#post89210

I have no idea what you get up to with Bums, but I am broad minded and as long as you keep it between consenting adults it’s fine by me.

You go on flogging a cheap saw to death if you want but don’t pull your face when they let you down. You can’t pay Lada prices and expect a Merc

Sorry if you think I was hard on you, Huck said the same thing, have a pop at him and see what hard looks like.