How many hours do you sleep?

Arran Turner

i feel at my best with around 4/5 hours sleep but most days i get 6/7 anything more and i jus feel like i cant be bothered when i wake up

Amazing, 8 hours is the medically suggested requirement average; less = reduced life span. Can't get my head round getting half that and feeling alive at all!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually get around 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 but sometimes manage to get to bed in time to get nearer 7-8. Quite often find I'll wake up a couple of times a night though. Don't really find the amount of sleep I get makes a huge difference to how I feel the next day, notice it more over the course of a few days/weeks and then might feel a bit rough.

Do find though that if I sleep too long I almost feel hungover.

My problem is actually getting up in a morning rather than the waking up bit :lol:

Edited by Chris Sheppard
missed a bit

Seems that a lot of people can run with less than 8, and 8 to 10 is recommended. Real interesting as we work in an industry that is physically and mentally demanding, on another note who doesn't eat breakfirst? If I didn't I would seize up :)

Seems that a lot of people can run with less than 8, and 8 to 10 is recommended. Real interesting as we work in an industry that is physically and mentally demanding, on another note who doesn't eat breakfirst? If I didn't I would seize up :)

10 hours a night and I'd feel awful the next day, no good for working.

Generally don't bother with breakfast, but might shove a couple of pancakes in the toaster if I feel like it. Usually have half me dinner box at morning break though.

Normally about 7 hours for me, that said whenever I wake early (even 5.30) I'm wide awake so get up and mooch about. Can't stand rushing about so plenty of time to sort myself out.

Normally a Greek breakfast for me Coffe and a couple of roll ups then eat about 10 ish.

Amazing, 8 hours is the medically suggested requirement average; less = reduced life span. Can't get my head round getting half that and feeling alive at all!

mmmm - always wary of blanket statements, everyone is a bit different and there are a lot of variables- some we are aware of and probably a lot more we are not. Mind you, a lot of people introduce a few extra factors with alcohol/caffine/nicotine cocktails :001_tt2:

Early mornings are great - can mooch around outside taking in what is going on before the human presence asserts itself on the world with traffic noises etc. Either that or can get a huge amount done between 6 and 8 and then wind down through the day, or have the flexibility to decide what the hell and kick around the park with the kids after school :thumbup:

I hit the sack about 9.30 and get up just before 6 but I very rarely sleep right through. I wake up several times a night. Sinus issues mean a can only sleep on one side. I also had a head injury when I was young which has short circuited something in my head. Small consant noises now wake me up and get in my head until that's all i can hear. Dripping taps, stereo bass, ticking clocks even the very faint whirring of an electrical timer on the bedroom heater. Drives me insane and leaves me exhausted some days.

Had a similar sort of thing years ago, albeit not injury related, but find that the mind is very easily 'programmed' in that it will do exactly as it is told. If you persuade it to ignore these things it will. Conversely if you keep repeating to yourself or others that these things wake you up, the mind will do just that.

Used to have the same thing with flying long distance as I could never sleep on the plane until I told myself I would, and I did, and can drop off anywhere these days if I want to.

Possibly getting a bit into airy fairy territory, but it works for me - power of positive thought etc etc. :confused1::thumbup:

I occasionally have to get up early - around 3 am and find I can program my mind to wake me up to the minute. I purposely vary it a bit to see if I can throw it off, but always works. The alarm clock is always set 5 minutes later - just in case :001_tt2: