any body know anything about LR TD5 engins

splinters

HI MATE we had the fuel pump go on our one it was not making a noise on our old td5 we had to take out the tank or let down there no plate inside 90 on floor but I'm told the pumps go a lot on td5 thanks jon :thumbup:

Yeah right pain to do on defenders,they look a bit like the flux capacitor off back to the future car lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes it is the yelow relay under the seat thats buzzing. im almost certain its an electrical problem something to do with starting the engine as there are no problems once its running. but even if its just been running and i turn off the engine and try to restart it it wont go. i think some thing is shorting out or not making a connection.

Yeah right pain to do on defenders,they look a bit like the flux capacitor off back to the future car lol.

HI TYZ yes mate it was a long time ago on that td5 the pump went metal bands holding the tank in and the nuts were rusted on there one thing to look out for is the E C U under the seat if you go in deep water then i no they do not like that thanks jon :thumbup:

yes it is the yelow relay under the seat thats buzzing. im almost certain its an electrical problem something to do with starting the engine as there are no problems once its running. but even if its just been running and i turn off the engine and try to restart it it wont go. i think some thing is shorting out or not making a connection.

HI splinter is the relay for the pump under the seat for the pump could it be a sticky relay lift the seat then have a look in but the E C U box on our td5 was under the seat is it a glow plug relay gone or is it taking in air on the line some were on my mate it was the fuel filter copper washer his was the same did not start well it was a night mere to get fixed up all the best jon :thumbup:

It'l probably be that relay that's the problem order new one or give it a tap,ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342094969.257662.jpg.e081fe9c47c06bbbd6fddad35124cf1b.jpg about £5 from landrover.

It'l probably be that relay that's the problem order new one or give it a tap,[ATTACH]96690[/ATTACH] about £5 from landrover.

yes dude thats the one that is Clicking/Buzzing just found out the bloke down the street is an ex Mod Mechanic so he is gonna have a look tomorow night.

oh how i hope its just a relay.

Splinters, I know you are hoping its only the relay.............

BUT, if it starts ok with a new one, get the loom changed anyway! The oil you mentioned (that you cleaned off the plug) should not be there! Cleaning the oil fom it will nnot cure it. If the oil reaches the ecu it will blow it and thats expensive.

Changing the loom may seem an expense, but cheaper than a new ecu.

Splinters, I know you are hoping its only the relay.............

BUT, if it starts ok with a new one, get the loom changed anyway! The oil you mentioned (that you cleaned off the plug) should not be there! Cleaning the oil fom it will nnot cure it. If the oil reaches the ecu it will blow it and thats expensive.

Changing the loom may seem an expense, but cheaper than a new ecu.

HI mate oil in the loom happens a lot on td5 its one thing to look out for when getting one and like 18 said if it gets in E C U that will cost jon :thumbup:

it was only rebuilt in november and had a brand new loom put in then where dus the oil come from?

Earlier in this thread

Thats the first place I would look, take the loom plug off the ecu and check for oil, the loom runs inside the rocker cover and damaged looms pick up oil.

Another Solihull design masterpiece