Pulsar/Pulsarail hi-vis waterproofs?

Pedroski

The Pulsarail looks good but I wouldn't buy a bomber style as the water runs off onto your bum.

The Helly Hansen looks good but the price is comparable to the Harkie smock. For the money, the Harkie is surely a much better choice as its ergonomically designed for tree climbing.

Or if you want to save a bit of dosh, get the Stein.

Yep, I've crossed the Pulsarail off my list. Love the idea of the Harkie smock, BUT I really need a hood and it hasn't got one which is a pity. Same for the Stein. Thinking the HH might be the one I end up with. Then I keep thinking about the kayaking spray smocks/cags - Nookie do a brilliant one, the Pathfinder - proper sealed cuffs etc....hmmmm. In red will show up well, and I could add reflective tape! Decisions decisions :confused1:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pulsarail bomber is ok, but nothing special. I was given it by work. In heavy rain it does let the water in after a while.

The windened storm flap is a good idea but i cut the tab off as it gets in the way. the extra tab bends back round and gets stuck to the velcro then it wont close and the storm flap flaps around and slaps you in the face in the wind.

I was given mine by work, I'd spend more money on a better jacket to be honest.

Jamie

I had a Harkie in my old job, while it was waterproof and quite nice to wear, I didn't half sweat in it, I'd liken it to the cheap waterproof trousers you get where the sweat stays inside and you end up stinking and damp. I'd get another for bad weather but not for the price they cost

The pulsarail bomber is ok, but nothing special. I was given it by work. In heavy rain it does let the water in after a while.

The windened storm flap is a good idea but i cut the tab off as it gets in the way. the extra tab bends back round and gets stuck to the velcro then it wont close and the storm flap flaps around and slaps you in the face in the wind.

I was given mine by work, I'd spend more money on a better jacket to be honest.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie - much appreciated. Nowt worse than water getting in and also being slapped in the face while working in the wind. 'tis good to hear first hand experience :)

I see you`ve crossed pulsarail off your list, for any one else thinking of one, mine leaked from day one, very tight knitted cuffs, then the kip broke. It was a yellow one with red stripes for trunk road work, dont know if the orange ones are any better? Wont buy an other one.

• 2 weeks later...