Cock up

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep em coming, I,ll tell you what I charged later. But suffice to say, Mesterh n Swb you can come and work down here for me anytime. I,ll even give you £600 a day for jobs like that.:001_smile:

hi mate, i think if nothing is coming offsite and you can just turn up in a car/van then there is good money to be made.:001_smile:

hey stocks, not saying you guys didnt do it the best possible way but was there any way you could of winched/turfed it back. or would it of demolished to many smaller trees?

Way to dodgy, and everything would have landed on someone else,s property. No sorry out of the question, it had to be dismantled without doubt. It,s unfair to ask for you,re quotes really as there,s nothing like a site visit so you can judge it properly. I,m only asking for you,re estimates I suppose, sorry I should have said that at the beginning.

Way to dodgy, and everything would have landed on someone else,s property. No sorry out of the question, it had to be dismantled without doubt. It,s unfair to ask for you,re quotes really as there,s nothing like a site visit so you can judge it properly. I,m only asking for you,re estimates I suppose, sorry I should have said that at the beginning.

it is tricky when looking at pics, but i will stick to that day rate, but thats me doing the climbing . if i had to sub it out and still try and make off it, i would need more. i have made plenty more on a day and i have certainly made less.

Assuming it was fairly close to the building, all had to be rigged, and required 3 men on site for a day, then £950 minimum.

Peter your assumptions are correct, the tree was close/over the building in some areas. All the garden was either decking or dog egg covered grass. Believe me when I say you wouldn't wanna go there :scared1::scared1: !

The best option was to dismantle with rigging and lower onto a public footpath in between 2 fences. If the job was mine then I would want a figure similar to Peter.

Other prices may be valid in your area but it is pretty difficult to say without directly looking at the job. IMO and no offence meant here but some of the quotes/estimates for that tree are far too cheap, we have a skill and need to not undercharge to get the work. If you have a skill then charge accordingly for it.

:001_tongue:

Keep em coming, I,ll tell you what I charged later. But suffice to say, Mesterh n Swb you can come and work down here for me anytime. I,ll even give you £600 a day for jobs like that.:001_smile:

Nice1 I could prob sub in another gang of 3 who would charge me £350 and we would both be happy :001_smile:

Funny how the market is so different, hard to price a job with just a few pics but when we are looking at a 3 man gang for a day £450-950 is a big difference.

Nice1 I could prob sub in another gang of 3 who would charge me £350 and we would both be happy :001_smile:

Yeah sounds good, but they might sub it out aswell and I,d end up with Kermit and Co. working on my behalf................Anyway for the record I charged £1050..........Shock Horror!!! I can hear you all saying.

Nice. It is hard to weigh up a job like that from a photo or two. Obviously everyone on here feels they could easily do it in a day, which is probably the case, and they would be happy with a certain amount for that day's work. I would always put enough on a job like that to cover going back if neccessary, that way you dont lose out if there is an unforeseen problem, and if you are correct and its an easy day, then you're quids in.