Laski LS150DW Chipper. Any good?

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's the one in the video then my boss has one on trial at the moment, I have used it a little. On the whole i thought it worked. It looks like they have tried to think about how its going to be used but little things I felt let it down. It looks good and on the whole it chips well. We mainly do street trees in london, so our chippers get abused, so i don't think it would last to long with us. But maybe with a company that does private work where your not parked right under the tree it might last longer.

-The hopper is very small

-Many of the cables and pipes are exposed so on the one hand maybe easy to fix but

also easily damaged

-Mud flaps are very flimsy (so don't stand on them)

-The throttle leaver is made of flimsy plastic so bound to go

-Oh and the emergency stop is quite hard to hit been such a small button behind the lip

of the hopper. But it does stop everything.

- And with timber about 4-6 inches(eucalyptus in this case) the stress control allowed it to stall and consequently jam, though I am sure this is easily adjusted, but on the plus it was very easy to clear the jam

In my humble opinion it just needs a little beefing up to make it my resistant to tree surgeons, I must add I only had a quick go with it.

Personally I would if i could afford it go for a TP 200 on a turntable that thing is bombproof

Is your budget the reason your looking at these and Gravelly Old mill??

If so, I'd try and find a decent second hand Jensen, that may be abit older but will be a lot better :001_smile:

Yes because I've got buy two 3.5t tippers, two chip/tool boxes, a chipper and a shipping container all at the same time.

Also, I don't want a 6"chipper.

I mean 8". Oops.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?i0f2ab

I dunno why. I had a butchers on the Laski web site and it clearly says:

"LS 150 D Track

This chipper is designed for disposal of wood waste, twigs, bark, branch-wood and other above-ground biomass or for manufacture of chips from aforesaid materials and also for disposal of redundant timber such as sticks, deals, pickets etc. The chipper can dispose all these materials with diameter up to 150 mm or flat boards and plates with thickness up to 60 mm.

This chipper is equipped also with NO-Stress anti-blocking device. "

The actual feed hole is 290 x 220mm, so I assume the dealer is saying that because an 8 inch piece of wood will fit in the hole then it's an 8 inch chipper. But it isn't. It's a 6 inch chipper because it can chip 6 inch wood.

On the Landforce site it says:

"Wood chipper - chipping specifications - both versions

Max capacity: 150mm (6") Cutting speed: 42m/s

No of blades: 2 Blade diameter: 560mm

Chip length: 9mm

Wood chipper - chipper feed specifications - both versions

Feed hole (BxH): 290x220mm Hopper (BxH): 920x800mm

Rollers: 2 Roller diameter: 190mm

Input speed: 12m/min - 40m/min (manual control)

Drive: hydrostatic "