confined ash dismantle

testcricket01

When I was working, it used to really used to get to me when people wouldn't clear the garden of poop!!! Many a time my rope or kit got dirty by a landmine on the lawn. When doing my own work, I insisted the garden was cleaned up.

Really like the video, what were you using as a lowering device? Portawrap?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was working, it used to really used to get to me when people wouldn't clear the garden of poop!!! Many a time my rope or kit got dirty by a landmine on the lawn. When doing my own work, I insisted the garden was cleaned up.

Really like the video, what were you using as a lowering device? Portawrap?

I dont see how people can live with a crap covered lawn discusting!

Thanks, we were useing my stein dual bollard much smoother than a portawrap.

No wonder it took the groundsman so long when sending multi stem / mess of branches down to him! The climber could do with taking a little more time over positioning of lowering points as in the video it shows it's just a matter of time beforehe gets lumped by a branch with the butt sections coming in a little to close for comfort!

No wonder it took the groundsman so long when sending multi stem / mess of branches down to him! The climber could do with taking a little more time over positioning of lowering points as in the video it shows it's just a matter of time beforehe gets lumped by a branch with the butt sections coming in a little to close for comfort!

So if you wouldnt do it remotely how i done it how would you do it? Why will he get lumped by a branch he knows what the plan is for each piece i cut and lower where he wants to stand is his own choice you dont see groundsmen telling climbers where to position...

So if you wouldnt do it remotely how i done it how would you do it? Why will he get lumped by a branch he knows what the plan is for each piece i cut and lower where he wants to stand is his own choice you dont see groundsmen telling climbers where to position...

I think he's referring to the climber being hit, not the groundie.

I think he's referring to the climber being hit, not the groundie.

In which case you could have the best positioning the ideal anchor point and balancing but you are still at risk of being hit if the groundie isnt good at letting it run, i can safely say nothing came remotely close to me at any point on that tree.

I was taught to tip rope, butt rope or cradle and always have since being caught out by a swinging butt on a poorly balanced branch.

I don't want to sound like I'm digging you out but why not tie the rope off near your cutting point?

I was taught to tip rope, butt rope or cradle and always have since being caught out by a swinging butt on a poorly balanced branch.

I don't want to sound like I'm digging you out but why not tie the rope off near your cutting point?

I did when i could but the low branches cant be tip tied or butt tied as there wasnt room under them higher up isnt a issue for it low down they need to be balanced so not to brake the fences

I did when i could but the low branches cant be tip tied or butt tied as there wasnt room under them higher up isnt a issue for it low down they need to be balanced so not to brake the fences

Fair do's, you work how you work and if it works that's good, I'd prob do a smaller section and cut a couple of hand helds in that situation and chuck em while the groundie sorts the main branch, just think its easier to grab the tips and walk backwards while lowering my self. :thumbup1: