Council claim - does this tree suffer decay?

Mike Herts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the trees, mate, the organisations who fail to manage them safely. If they don't have un-managed trees, claimants can't use that to show probability of causation. :001_smile:

you have been looking at law long enough to sound like a solicitor:thumbdown:

you can justify anything you like mate... see you in court!:thumbup1:

Send your photos to your insurer and let them fight it out, thats whaty you pay them for

I refer the OP to my learned poster Pommie. It is up to your insurer to fight your corner and for them to employ a qualified Arboricultural Consultant to assist with your claim. Whilst reading everyone's differing views on here might be entertaining it will not get you any nearer to reimbursement!

I have reported many street trees to my local council.

Many are blatantly obvious they are in decline with fruiting body's, crown die back, hanging branches etc etc.

There was one particular one that I reported and they ignored, it fell over and crushed a car 12 months later, another, on the same street is still there, two years after I reported it?

Many of the street trees I see that are in severe decline are due to Strimmer mower damage.

The tree that fell I front of me last this winter had a very large wound caused by a lorry.

Most of these can and would be seen from a car just driving slowly past. Do some councils no bother at all inspecting their trees or do they just rely on people reporting problems to them?

I personally would ask to see their records of the last time the tree was inspected

you have been looking at law long enough to sound like a solicitor:thumbdown:

you can justify anything you like mate... see you in court!:thumbup1:

A solicitor would have said 'That will be £250, please' at the end of my first post, mate. :deal: What I'm trying to say is that council's etc won't get rid of all trees without problems just to avoid litigation as the work would cost too much but they will have to manage any hazardous trees that they have. :001_smile:

I refer the OP to my learned poster Pommie. It is up to your insurer to fight your corner and for them to employ a qualified Arboricultural Consultant to assist with your claim. Whilst reading everyone's differing views on here might be entertaining it will not get you any nearer to reimbursement!

All well and good, but the tree in my previous post that fell on a car was cleaned up, stump ground and all evidence got shut off the day after.

A consultant can't assess thin air

Have an arboricultural consultant look at the tree, then look at the weather data for the day in question. Send your arb report and weather data in along with a claim for your extra costs. You should get what you are due.