Tree Services are needed in winter especially.

NatureLover

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Can I pay cash?

Answer: Yes you can and we give a 10% discount on the quoted GROSS price for this facility.

Hrm...

Answer: Yes you can and we give a 10% discount on the quoted GROSS price for this facility.

Oh my word!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Just when legal tax avoidance is in the media, tax evasion publicly acknowledged on that website!!!

Oh my word!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Just when legal tax avoidance is in the media, tax evasion publicly acknowledged on that website!!!

Thats quite an accusation.

I don't suppose you stopped to think that perhaps they are just a bit more clued up on business than yourself and over quote by 10% then offer the cash discount to improve cash flow. Not everyone who takes cash pockets it you know

There is nothing illegal or dodgy in accepting cash, after all it is the only legal tender (other than postage stamps), in this country. Cheques BACS and so on are not legal tender. so long as paperwork is in order, and tax etc is paid on the monies earned, there is no issue.

A lot of tree surgery companies will have noticed that they get less business in winter. The reason for this that in summer tree surgeons are called on to make the trees look pretty in order to suit the sunny season. However, what people don't realise is that the trees also need tender care and maintenance in the winter because they often suffer from drought. This is because the xylem in the small branches at the tops of these trees can't transport as much water as during the summer. I think tree surgeons should probably remind their existing clients of this fact.

One particular tree surgery company that

talks about tree care in winter is ****** Aboricultural Services Ltd and I especially like the fact that they emphasise that trees are best pruned in winter.

this is special!

"trees need maintenance in winter because they suffer from drought due to being less able to transport water"

Nature lover(:001_huh:), what EXACTLY are you trying to communicate here? As I for one can make no sense of it at all.

Thats quite an accusation.

I don't suppose you stopped to think that perhaps they are just a bit more clued up on business than yourself and over quote by 10% then offer the cash discount to improve cash flow. Not everyone who takes cash pockets it you know

So they overquote for non cash payments aswell then?! :thumbdown:

That old chestnut; yes it was quite an accusation and at face value looks risky but fair play if they're putting the cash in the bank, good on em. Everyone says to me why don't I keep cash (say for firewood) aside; they can't understand why I pay it in...

No I am not the worlds most business minded individual. But why sling that at me on here?