Tools,Tips and Techniques

splinters

• 1 month later...

i have started drawing my working drawings on to tracing paper. then i draw my grid over the top of it. this means that i can draw my image onto one side of the log then turn the log round to the other side and flip my paper over and im good go and draw my image on the other side. you just have to make sure you have got all your grids (see earlyer post on marking up logs ) lined up.

• 2 months later...

Giving this thread a bit of bump back up..

I have learnt a valuable lesson today.

Never agree to exhibit anywhere without first going to view the site/ gallery or where ever.

I ignored the above and was told that I would be exhibiting in a rear courtyard of an art gallery. I arrive today to discover that the rear courtyard is at the front, and only just about big enough to squeeze the van into, with zero room to show work. :thumpdown:

• 3 weeks later...

Passing this on as I think we could all do with looking at things in a different light now and then.

I made some children's chairs a while ago and they've been sat there ever since gathering dust, being admired but not bought.

Well, I had a bit of a re-jig and staged them either side of a massive adult version and hey presto the pair of kids chairs sold two days later!

Take another look at the works that have been with you a while and try something new to show case them:thumbup:

Si

• 4 months later...

I'll be receiving a short nose die grinder this week and I'm now focussing my attention on eye tools. I usually do them with chisels but would like to experiment with this new toy.

Has anyone used these ice carving "bubble bits" on wood? They look great and could be made from adapted flat bits but I can't shake the feeling that they could give you a mighty kickback!

If someone has any experience of these please enlighten me:biggrin:

3/8" bubble bits

Dam, i could do with one of those for an underwater scene i have in mind. But they are soooo expensive! There must be a way of adapting another tool to do it... gonna switch on my brain

Yes mate, wood flat bits. Just need to grind out the circle and re grind the two cutting edges.