My first private job

Rich2484

Did you say your not climbing certified? And you doing a take down by climbing?? Is that right? Do you have insurance then?

No I'm not climbing. Felling and cutting on the floor, might need to go up on small ladder to get a line on it just to make sure it goes where I want but not climbing.

I'm ins, but it's grounds maintainance type thing, covers for certain height, and felling of a certain height.

I wouldn't even think about climbing without Certs. It's not worth it.

Want to do my climbing Certs at some point. But like I have been saying i want to start doing my own jobs. Small tree removal, hedge cutting, some grass cutting, maybe a bit of landscaping.

Got start somewhere and I'm a bit happy to work rigging for now, and build up a small business until I get to a stage where I can cert up and do my own bigger jobs.

I need to start working and saving every penny I can get to buy more gear and build up. I've never had much money in my life and I've worked damn hard for everything I do have.

My first purchase is going to be a good trailer, then I need to build up on cutting gear and work gear. My budgets don't allow for much stihl stuff so a stihl hedge cutter is out of my range for now. As is new saws, and things like a big shinny van, so for now I'm borrow and beg whatever I can to get going. A few favours will be returned to me...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not climbing. Felling and cutting on the floor, might need to go up on small ladder to get a line on it just to make sure it goes where I want but not climbing.

I'm ins, but it's grounds maintainance type thing, covers for certain height, and felling of a certain height.

I wouldn't even think about climbing without Certs. It's not worth it.

Want to do my climbing Certs at some point. But like I have been saying i want to start doing my own jobs. Small tree removal, hedge cutting, some grass cutting, maybe a bit of landscaping.

Got start somewhere and I'm a bit happy to work rigging for now, and build up a small business until I get to a stage where I can cert up and do my own bigger jobs.

I need to start working and saving every penny I can get to buy more gear and build up. I've never had much money in my life and I've worked damn hard for everything I do have.

My first purchase is going to be a good trailer, then I need to build up on cutting gear and work gear. My budgets don't allow for much stihl stuff so a stihl hedge cutter is out of my range for now. As is new saws, and things like a big shinny van, so for now I'm borrow and beg whatever I can to get going. A few favours will be returned to me...

Fair play mate, take care. Hope you make a go of it.

not great with camera and limited rope skills, come from a bit of solo rock climbing and afair bit of tree climbing so i think i might not be up to some peoples safety standards here but ill see, job isntfor a couple of weeks but ill try....

Take care, do you have climbing and chainsaw from a harness tickets?

Tree work is one of those things that if it goes wrong it can be really wrong.

I learned to climb on the job without tickets.

Do it with someone that knows what they are doing and you're fine... not on your own.

I'm really tired of hearing from these paperwork waving individuals... we don't work in an office.

Just don't die because the insurance won't pay out.

Do it with someone that knows what they are doing and you're fine... not on your own.

I'm really tired of hearing from these paperwork waving individuals... we don't work in an office.

Learning from someone else while being supervised is obviously perfectly acceptable and probably encouraged more than taking a week course. Besides that though, when an individual states they want to take a tree down and they are not to hot on the tree work side it should naturally raise concern among all qualified Arborists who know the risks. Personally I feel asking a few simple and informative questions is more helpful to keeping the individual alive than telling them " Just don't die because the insurance won't pay out ".

Learning from someone else while being supervised is obviously perfectly acceptable and probably encouraged more than taking a week course. Besides that though, when an individual states they want to take a tree down and they are not to hot on the tree work side it should naturally raise concern among all qualified Arborists who know the risks. Personally I feel asking a few simple and informative questions is more helpful to keeping the individual alive than telling them " Just don't die because the insurance won't pay out ".

My post has hidden meaning for the OP. take it or leave it.

Your post is however well written and quite correct swordsta

Paperwork is important..... so that manual labourers can feel that they're in a skilled profession :001_tt2:

Only kidding :sneaky2:

i will do whatever i feel safe doing, ive harness, climbing saw, etc, im trying to start my own business so im skimping on the paper until i can afford it.... ireland is extremely expensive for courses and insurance, i will get there but for the moment im establishing myself trying to make a wage before i worry about the rest, the rest will be in place as it can be paid for