new saw

plank_pusher

im looking into investing in a new ground saw because i'm finally in the position where its a viable idea, only problem is im a tad spoilt for choice

i want to buy something new and shiney so i have no problems in the near future

ive been looking at the new husky 560xp, ive heard really good things about them, whats the biggest bar people have ran them on?

ive also looked at the stihl ms362 and ms441, is it worth paying that bit for an extra 5"? im mainly going to use an 18" bar on them anyway.

what saws do people suggest?

we use the ms 363 as a medium ground saw, and its great. that and a 261, 440 and the larger saws are kept back in the yard. The only problem we had with husky's was getting the spare parts. With stihl its much easier fairly cheap and interchangable parts from saw to saw

im looking into investing in a new ground saw because i'm finally in the position where its a viable idea, only problem is im a tad spoilt for choice

i want to buy something new and shiney so i have no problems in the near future

ive been looking at the new husky 560xp, ive heard really good things about them, whats the biggest bar people have ran them on?

ive also looked at the stihl ms362 and ms441, is it worth paying that bit for an extra 5"? im mainly going to use an 18" bar on them anyway.

what saws do people suggest?

Can't fairly comment on he Stihl saws you mention ( other than the documented needle roller bearing problems some have ) having not used one . I do however have husky ground saws including the 560 and I godda tell you its the best 60cc saw I have ever owned . It pulls an 18" bar no problems . I am close to my Husqvarna dealer so parts would not be a problem for me . Its a bit like the Honda Fire Blade was to bikes in 92 light ,very powerful and handles well . I would suggest you get a go with one sometime . Good luck with what ever you choose .

cheers stubby :) ive used both the ms441 and husky 560 at work and i really like them both, i just dont know what theyre like day to day and to live with

Well it never answers back ! Just sits there being orange and silver. Seriously though Starts easy , starts from hot now ( had a hotter plug fitted on husky technicals advice to aid hot stating ) updated carb all done under warrenty . Now its a joy to use . I think they get better the more you use them .

I run a 560xpg not had any probs with it running an 18" bar and 8pin drive sprocket, It feels nicely balanced with a 15 or 18" not sure I would want a bigger bar on a 60cc saw for regular use though. Im not a great fan of the stihls in this size though so I may be biased