Petty Complaints

David Humphries

The thing is these people don't realise they could lose someone their job or a contractor his contract and cost them everything.

I would have gone round and told her the culprits have been severly disciplined and the full team were sacked on the spot with no pay. You dont tolerate behavour like that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i had a similar thing last week.....I had been re-pollarding some large Willow trees and my customer received a letter from a nearby house claiming that we had damaged her fence.....there were 2 slats missing from a crappy 10+ year old larch lap panel.....and i know for certain that we didnt go anywhere near it....and also we were dropping all of the stems in one and they were 35ft long, and approx 6-8" diameter at 40ft up.....so with that drop and that size i told my customer that the fence would have been obliterated if we had hit it.....he just asked me to sort it out with the other house myself...back there to finish off next monday...any ideas lads??

If you did that to an ash tree near my house, I'd complain. hahahaha, seriously tho, Like Dean Lofthouse said, its usually the ones who benefit most, and almost definatley the ones who you are most curtious and respectful of, that stab you right in the back. I feel your pain.

i had a woman one day wind me up that much how the last time i had been there she had to repaint her house, clean out her gutters and get someone to valet her car. i had never worked in the street in my life. she was old so i bit my tongue because i was brought up to respect my elders. so i jumped in the mog and fired up the chipper and was going to take my rage out in a pile of laurel. but i hadnt taken my kit out the hopper(tp250)we used to store it there because it saved lifting it in and out the back.

i lost an 026,full climbing bag.and a 25inch bar of the 046. oh and a set of blades.

i think that cost me about 1500quid. old cow