Beginners guide to rigging.......

Adam Bourne

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the weakest link....

as in the previous post i mentioned about trying to keep the rope the weakest part of the system......this is a demonstration on how to go about it. when you've chosen your rope and what diameter and have got. the pulley,again with the appropriate max rope diameter to house the rope, then attachment of the pulley into the tree will require a dead eye sling (see attched on isc pulley in the pulley section photo).

a ruff guide to making sure the rope will be the weakest link is to have the dead eye sling 2mm or more in diameter larger than the rope.

the 2 pictures show 2 of my sett ups for rigging.

the first system is 14mm samson stable braid with a small isc 16mm max diameter pulley and a 16mm marlow doublebraid deadeye sling.

the second system is 16mm marlow braid rope with a medium isc pulley with a 24mm yale deadeye, the rope in this system is coming to its end of use so will be replaced by some 19mm polydyne hence the larger deadeye.

05062012086.jpg.0f54b93c00f264a35a694dbe2d2fe7df.jpg

05062012087.jpg.d86207e396f8afb90cbf67d1f3ac5b27.jpg

Edited by Adam Bourne

Slow down. Start at the beginning - a rope. Natural crotch then natural crotch with a turn. Then 1/2 hitch on a stem.

These basics set the core knowledge & application for the modern stuff. This thread is a great opportunity to demonstrate how simple it can be to understand it all

I dont understand anything so far, please slow down.

Surely you start with a GRCS, then see how much you can drop on it before it beaks, then when you crap yourself before it breaks you know you can then do anything and it will be ok?

All I was ever taught in rigging was there are two options.

It wont work.

It will probably work.

As long as you have the latter then its all fine.

Please dont complicate rigging with maths and numbers etc. rigging its not about that, its more to do with what you feel is right.

Slow down. Start at the beginning - a rope. Natural crotch then natural crotch with a turn. Then 1/2 hitch on a stem.

These basics set the core knowledge & application for the modern stuff. This thread is a great opportunity to demonstrate how simple it can be to understand it all

i've mentioned the beginning mate:001_smile:, and hopefully it will be a good opportunity for us all to share our wisdom....:thumbup1:

I dont understand anything so far, please slow down.

Surely you start with a GRCS, then see how much you can drop on it before it beaks, then when you crap yourself before it breaks you know you can then do anything and it will be ok?

All I was ever taught in rigging was there are two options.

It wont work.

It will probably work.

As long as you have the latter then its all fine.

Please dont complicate rigging with maths and numbers etc. rigging its not about that, its more to do with what you feel is right.

well well rupe i thought you would of come with something more sarcastic than that.....:lol:

if i go any slower i will stop. but if you want to go slower just read one letter at a time.....:biggrin:

i was always taught to just cut and hold on tight.....:001_huh: