wirecore lanyard question

Arran Turner

False security having wire or steel core through a flipline ??

Whats false about it ? Someone enlighten me

Although false security has been mentioned by a previous poster. Said poster claimed that these things could be cut through with a saw.

Therefore you should be 'enlightened' as to his argument already.

Has this statement annoyed you in some way?. Perhaps you like this piece of equipment. This is your right.... please enlighten us.:001_smile:

Again.... I edit as in my previous post in this thread that although I don't like them, they must be safer due to having wire in them

Edited by Albedo
sp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although false security has been mentioned by a previous poster. Said poster claimed that these things could be cut through with a saw.

Therefore you should be 'enlightened' as to his argument already.

Has this statement has annoyed you in some way?. Perhaps you like this Piece of equipment. This is your right.... please enlighten us.:001_smile:

I'm not annoyed in the slightest . Yes i do use one and havent found it to twist at all , gate snap at the end very quick and easy to secure one handed . You are trying to make out its only muppets that use them by your tone ? and i dont believe for one thousand of a second i'm the only person in Britain that uses one but hey i'm no expert climber .

I'm not annoyed in the slightest . Yes i do use one and havent found it to twist at all , gate snap at the end very quick and easy to secure one handed . You are trying to make out its only muppets that use them by your tone ? and i dont believe for one thousand of a second i'm the only person in Britain that uses one but hey i'm no expert climber .

I am really sorry that you thought that my tone suggested muppets.

I did try to be respectful of those who choose to use them.

I am very sorry that this has not come across and will try harder in future.

No sarcasm here. I mean it. Sorry your'e offended.:blushing:

I am really sorry that you thought that my tone suggested muppets.

I did try to be respectful of those who choose to use them.

I am very sorry that this has not come across and will try harder in future.

No sarcasm here. I mean it. Sorry your'e offended.:blushing:

Crikey.. we could have spun this out much further :laugh1:

I use one as I just can't be botherd to set up some rope as my flip line had never annoyed me that much. However someone gave me a

Rope strop virtually ready made that I'm going to use so well see.

Depends on your climbing style I suppose. I like to use my strop on the lower rings so I can hang in it, which enables me to throw and climb on my strop as well as my main line. I know some people that climb to the top of the main line, strop in and throw their line higher ... in this sense I don't see that using a wirecore all the time would cause any issues.

If you climb on your strop like I do then you'll find it far easier to throw.

Wirecore comes into its own on big pines and gnarly barked pops etc.

Its a lot quicker to flick about and not get caught up in the bark like a normal rope will.

Only when chogging down though dont think I could ever be bothered to use one as a normal lanyard.:001_huh:

I've recently been given a sterling tritech cut resistant ripe lanyard to trial. It's 11mm and sits between the softness of standard rope and Te flip ability of a wire core. I must admit that I prefer a 10mm dynamic lanyard mainly due to it being less bulky but can see how this new has its olace, it does seemtobeveryabrasionresistant and therefore more armoires against a silky cut- I def can't see it stopping a major cut though..