Infeed Rollers Dull

Swampster

Hello all, I appreciate that this has come up many times but having searched a bit I've not got a definitive answer.

The problem: chipper infeed rollers (TP150) not gripping well enough to pull in cord with laterals on.

i. Is welding beads and grinding to a new edge going to be a solution that works to breathe new life into my infeed rollers??

ii. Shouild I just buy some new rollers??

Thanks. :confused1:

Nope grinding a new edge will work. Done it on them before.

But is there more of an underlying problem as to why? Are they going round as they should when timber put in?

Our timberwolfs like everything are beasted machines of burden the rollers have never had attention, poor performance has usually been down to anvil which often gets overlooked or springs. In an ideal world sharpen them rollers up just going along Rich's train of thought that there may be other issues much simpler to fix.

Thanks all, been away hence delayed response. It has new blades and anvil. The rollers occasionally stop when larger bits go through, but the main issue seems to be them not 'gripping' the wood. I have heard mention of a pressure adjustment for the hydraulics but I know little to nothing about hydraulics, this may fix the stopping issue.

I understand that the feed rollers on timberwolfs can be dismantled and sharpened. I think you can send them away for not a great deal of money or DIY. The feed rollers stopping might be the managed feed system or low hydraulic oil. The lack of grip may be blunt feed rollers or something affecting the springs pulling the rollers together or a small bit of wood debris in the slot the roller slides up and down in, stopping the rollers from coming together completely.

Thanks all, been away hence delayed response. It has new blades and anvil. The rollers occasionally stop when larger bits go through, but the main issue seems to be them not 'gripping' the wood. I have heard mention of a pressure adjustment for the hydraulics but I know little to nothing about hydraulics, this may fix the stopping issue.

I have seen it before with large timber will stop the rollers when it hits them but only for a second as the rollers widen to take he timber in. Or when it hits the anvil it will stop just before it puts enough pressure to pull it in.