Hot,Hot, Hot How to survive the heat!!!

Mark Cattell

Shiney lycra legging do the same job under chainsaw trousers, and have the added bonus that you you can do a special dance for your wife before you go to work.

:)

Sent from my Galaxy arse using tupping talk.

Sounds like fun.... wife likes a good dance.... :thumbup:

Hello,

I climb the morning shift as its cooler, Seb climbs afternoons as he is genetically tuned towards heat coming from the hotter plains of Europe.

Saying that, I climb afternoons and hot days in ordinary working trousers.

I just work more carefully and take care to remove short sharp broken dead wood when I'm scrambling about.

Also, I step more carefully when crosscutting brash etc.

I think heat exhaustion is a greater risk frankly as I'm more likely to make an error with the saw.

Plenty of water on hand and wash face and neck often as well as arms to help cool down and keep salt from blinding eyes.

Ty

Hello,

I climb the morning shift as its cooler, Seb climbs afternoons as he is genetically tuned towards heat coming from the hotter plains of Europe.

Saying that, I climb afternoons and hot days in ordinary working trousers.

I just work more carefully and take care to remove short sharp broken dead wood when I'm scrambling about.

Also, I step more carefully when crosscutting brash etc.

I think heat exhaustion is a greater risk frankly as I'm more likely to make an error with the saw.

Plenty of water on hand and wash face and neck often as well as arms to help cool down and keep salt from blinding eyes.

Ty

Sound advice... i often see guys undertaking silky work in the uk in full ballistics as its their Uniform. I feel a change in mindset should be applied and as you suggest lowing risk is what is important,

Don't normally put my 2 bobs worth in but after numerous tours of Iraq and afghan where we can't were shorts take our boots off and don't have access to power aid drinks and wear full combats with helmets gloves and 100 plus pounds of gear on your back this is a simple answer on the massive heat of the Uk, keep hydrated by drinking water constantly. As sergie says simples. Sorry for the bluntness.

Don't normally put my 2 bobs worth in but after numerous tours of Iraq and afghan where we can't were shorts take our boots off and don't have access to power aid drinks and wear full combats with helmets gloves and 100 plus pounds of gear on your back this is a simple answer on the massive heat of the Uk, keep hydrated by drinking water constantly. As sergie says simples. Sorry for the bluntness.

Well in mate.

Hydration is the key fellas, anything else is just degrees of comfort.

If you are grafting, you will be hot.

I learnt the hard way how to deal with the heat after moving to Oz, 28 sounds nice, not to hot haha :thumbup1:

Water is the best thing to drink not any powerade rubbish, its absorbed quickest when it is body temperature not super cold, and drink alot often.

Keep your helmet on it keeps the heat off your head and although you might be sweating buckets it helps.

Eat something you lose alot of energy from trying to keep cool.

Sunglasses :001_cool: help avoids headaches especially towards the end of the day.

Keep body parts that arent always out e.g. back covered up, trust me having a week off work from heatsroke with second degree sunburn isnt fun. :blushing::thumbdown:

Sunscreen its your friend, make friends by offering to do it to people backs.

Don't take trousers and boots off you will just get irritated having to put them back on, keep shorts in the truck for the drive home.

Drenching yourself can be nice but it can also cover up the fact your burning.

High wicking clothing is good the stretch air t- shirts are nice in the heat.

Hope this helps

Ewan :thumbup1:

Why do certain individuals always poo poo advise...

The point of sharing experiences and learning from our fellow arborists is what this forum is all about... 'man up' is not really very constructive in terms of advise or support.

The aim of the game is to stay strong, effective and therefore safe during your working life, so thanks to all you who have had some really sound input to this discussion.. to all the others I'd like to say 'man up' don't be scared to use your brain its not that difficult.... and it does't make you a lesser man to take advise and guidance from your fellow man/woman....