Weed contact blisters

Dean Lofthouse

I've got a few spots of it from thursday just past on me arms; strimming, short sleeves, loads of the cursed stuff at an mod site I look after; hate wearing long sleeves when it's hot, sprayed it regularly but the woods the other side of the fence keep seeding it back. I even suggested they got rid of the "grass" on the slopes and just stoned the areas up; leaving the better mowable turf.

surely they have a duty of care and should be concerned about your situation.

Go in all guns blazing (MOD ha ha):001_smile:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely they have a duty of care and should be concerned about your situation.

Go in all guns blazing (MOD ha ha):001_smile:

Tricky one; there are about 7 middlemen between me and the mod (MOD - Balfour Beaty - Tunrin - Sphere - Quinetiq - LT - Me) or summat like that. Dread to think what mod are paying!

They are typically H&S crazy but wholesale change is something the link above me can't be arsed to push...

Tricky one; there are about 7 middlemen between me and the mod (MOD - Balfour Beaty - Tunrin - Sphere - Quinetiq - LT - Me) or summat like that. Dread to think what mod are paying!

They are typically H&S crazy but wholesale change is something the link above me can't be arsed to push...

My guess would be they would tell you to get suited up and so make the strimming one big sweaty pain in the bum. :thumbdown:

Sprayed with Tordon 22k 24 hours ago. Awesome stuff, everything but the grass is wilted even the thistle and bramble.

[ATTACH]93563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]93564[/ATTACH]

er just moniter the shrubs and bushes in close proximity as it can translocate through the soil, I avoid using tordon close to any trees or shrubs you dont want to loose, and in your photos it looks like there are some bushes that you have sprayed up to.

its good to see what other experiences people have had of this as i knew it was someting to do with hogweed ive been on a strimming job for a couple of days now clearing nettles, brambles, hogweed from around lagoons in a sewage works the lot has been a nightmare in this heat and the smell is pretty bad but oh well. i learnt to cover upbetter even in this warmer weather as i had this problem a month or so ago and now when strimming i wear a long sleeved hi vis top problem solved for the arms and waterproof trousers with shorts underneath the ones with nice vents down the sides and depending on what we are strimming even a buff.

i try and put some pictures up from the last lake today :D

its also good to see what herbiceds people are using as well

er just moniter the shrubs and bushes in close proximity as it can translocate through the soil, I avoid using tordon close to any trees or shrubs you dont want to loose, and in your photos it looks like there are some bushes that you have sprayed up to.

Cheers Charlie, good to know...the trees in the photo are actually coming out next year and I sprayed a good dose round them on purpose as I want to see if it affects them. This is the first time I have used tordon so want to see what it does and doesn't do :thumbup1:

ah thats fine then, I would be interested to know as well.

I know areas i have used it i have had no regrowth of brambles or knotweed 2years on! I have been told about it translocating upto 25mtrs and killing mature trees, so I am very wary of using it now. If im using it on knotweed i make sure that i prevent any overspray or drift.