Chainsaw woes

adam_coverdale

I absolutely LOVE this type of stupid internet argument. It's the best type. When absolutely nobody involved has any genuine interest in the subject, apart from being right!! (me included)

:thumbup:

Aldi exclusively sell 'Gardenline' chainsaws. Gardenline chainsaws are made by Einhell.

This chainsaw is a GLPC (Gardenline Petrol Chainsaw) 4645. It is (as I said!) exactly the same as the B&Q one (46cc 45cm bar). Also the same as the 'Royal' 4645. Also the same as the Draper one sold at Argos.

Here is a link to a Google search:

Einhell glpc 4645 - Google Search

I claim my 50p. Cash will do.

:001_tt2:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely LOVE this type of stupid internet argument. It's the best type. When absolutely nobody involved has any genuine interest in the subject, apart from being right!! (me included)

:thumbup:

Aldi exclusively sell 'Gardenline' chainsaws. Gardenline chainsaws are made by Einhell.

This chainsaw is a GLPC (Gardenline Petrol Chainsaw) 4645. It is (as I said!) exactly the same as the B&Q one (46cc 45cm bar). Also the same as the 'Royal' 4645. Also the same as the Draper one sold at Argos.

Here is a link to a Google search:

Einhell glpc 4645 - Google Search

I claim my 50p. Cash will do.

:001_tt2:

I think an Einhell i a Zomax , just rebadged like all the others ------

Einhell claim to manufacture some kit and buy in others, just because the item has a brands name on it, it doesn't mean it is manufactured by the company. The place I work for purchases some kit from China third party but also manufactures its own product in owned factories.

If you look at these saws carefully, you will notice the silver front, the cast metal line under the air box cover, the choke lever, the position of the fuel caps and AV mounts, all the same - all are manufactured by the same company.

I don't know who does it but believe that Zomax are the culprits and Einhell buy their saws in from Zomax. I don't know this for sure but have seen these saws come up as Boomag, gardenline, gardentech, Maxtra, McDillen etc - same saw - all crap!

I have met many people who say that they manufacture, but most will have no owned factory and all they are doing is using third party manufacturers to brand product with their own brand.

We are all talking as though there are only two possibilities, Einhell or Zomax.

China is a massive country with more than one saw manufacturer. They not only copy western goods, but also copy each other, so the identifying features mentioned in previous posts will apply to loads of saws.

Just look at this list of producers and exporters.

Chain Saw, China Chain Saw, Chain Saw Manufacturers, China Chain Saw Suppliers

• 3 weeks later...

This is from zomax website: :lol::lol:

"Features

The weight of the magnesium alloy box is lighter as less as one-third than that of the aluminum alloy box.

The engine has strong power and high reliability.

The saw has tight structure, light and durable.

The main parts such as chain, guide plate and carburetor have various grades and allocations to choose.

The specially-designed unit electronic ignition device is reliable because it has superior performance and strong durability and weather resistance.

Anti-bounce automatic chain brake control system.

The combination of wire spring and high-strength yielding rubber ensures excellent shock effect.

Applications

As a small professional chain saw, it is suitable for the deforestation and lumber in the planted forest."

:laugh1:

I agree with u get what u pay 4. But when I first started I got a little stihl 009, got it for £80,had a new carb,bar and chain from ebay. I took the risk and it paid off. Its still good and now teaching my boys the basics.

I'd get a refund and have a look around at some older saws like stihl or husky, if you have the time and can do without the saw you received