My Mog is DEAD!!!!!!!

skyhuck

Bad news Dave at this time of year especially, looks like the kids are going to have to go short this Christmas, Monkeyd may have a few stocking fillers to ease the dissapointment for them.

You will be hoping Alex does n't shut down early for his annual 10 day recharge of batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers mate.

I'm hoping to have her back before Christmas, fingers crossed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news indeed mate, I nearly kicked the dog round the house when I thought that I'd seized my 066 last week, so you must've been mighty pissed!.

Trying to think of a silver lining, and the nearest I can get is having a newly uprated supersized man toy to play with when it comes back, that and it'll give you a good bit of service when your back at it.

Hope it doesn't hurt too much when Alex is finished polishing it.:001_smile:

ged to get back to the yard, get the chipper and trailer off. Filled her up with water and set of to Alex Prices. Got about 7 miles down the road, stopped to put more water in, had to turn her off as it was blowing water out faster than I could put it in!:ohmy:

Tried to restart her "BANG" hydraulicked!!:scared1:

Had to get an arctic to go to Alex's yard and pick up another mog then come down to us and drag mine onto the tailer.

Once up there they took the head off and found No6 con rod bent so had to take the engine out :scared1:

Once out they found the borers were quite stepped.

So now the engine is going for a rebuild:scared1:

To make matters worse 2 years ago the rear toque tube went and when they changed it they could see that the splines on the rear diff were very worn, so they fitted a new tube and I thought it would last around 6-12 months. So I've been very much on borrowed time.

As its going to have More power and to avoid more down time later, thats being done too.

This is just what I need just before Xmas and with a recession just round the corner!![ ONE THOUGHT, knowing it had blown the head gasket ,did common sense not tell you to it park & get it towed/carried to be repaired as appossed to driving a faulty engine ? been someone who works @ hights might have had the common not to drive said motor, thus saving sevreal thousonds s off much needed money ! sounds more like stupidity too me ? you wouldnt climb a tree on a faulty rope & harness would you ? or would you ? & they play apart in earning you living too ! self inflicked misery !

ONE THOUGHT, knowing it had blown the head gasket ,did common sense not tell you to it park & get it towed/carried to be repaired as appossed to driving a faulty engine ? been someone who works @ hights might have had the common not to drive said motor, thus saving sevreal thousonds s off much needed money ! sounds more like stupidity too me ? you wouldnt climb a tree on a faulty rope & harness would you ? or would you ? & they play apart in earning you living too ! self inflicked misery !

The engine is worn, not from driving it with head blown, but from working hard for me over the last five years.

The only damage caused by driving it was the bent con rod, I rang Alex who thought it was worth trying to drive it back, he did advised me not to turn it off.

Once they had taken the head off they would have seen the wear on the bores they would have recommended a rebuild anyway and it has been using a lot of oil in recent weeks.

Getting it recovered with a front mount chipper and timber tailer fitted would have been some what difficult.

But anyway thanks for your encouragement!! your a real ray of sunlight :001_smile:

the engine is worn, not from driving it with head blown, but from working hard for me over the last five years.

The only damage caused by driving it was the bent con rod, i rang alex who thought it was worth trying to drive it back, he did advised me not to turn it off.

Once they had taken the head off they would have seen the wear on the bores they would have recommended a rebuild anyway and it has been using a lot of oil in recent weeks.

Getting it recovered with a front mount chipper and timber tailer fitted would have been some what difficult.

But anyway thanks for your encouragement!! Your a real ray of sunlight :001_smile:

he would do knowing could put more cash in his pocket? Point being you took it too your yard off loaded all the kit & set off ! Point you take your rope out of kit bag you see it has a nick in it your groundy say thats safe to climb on do you still climb on it or do you think there is a safer option ?

he would do knowing could put more cash in his pocket? Point being you took it too your yard off loaded all the kit & set off ! Point you take your rope out of kit bag you see it has a nick in it your groundy say thats safe to climb on do you still climb on it or do you think there is a safer option ?

:confused1: How I'm I going to fall to my death from a broken down mog :confused1:

APART FROM THE BILL YOUR GIONG TO GET ! WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DYING ? ONLY YOU? :confused1:

You brought up faulty climbing gear, not me.

The bill is NOT the result of driving it with the head blow.

Do you actually read ALL my posts? as you seem to be having real difficulty understanding the situation??

Do you really need to SHOUT ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!