When is enough, enough?

18 stoner

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it a bit much expecting a climber to...

a) turn up on time/at all

b) to supply their own food

c) to actually work when they DO turn up

d) to work a full day

e) to do more than 3 days a week

And of course the further North of the Equator, the more pernickety and quirky their demands, before you know it they'll be ringing ahead ordering specific fillings in the sarnies, and getting the hump when you've run out of specific filling.

:001_tongue:

I think it a bit much expecting a climber to...

a) turn up on time/at all

b) to supply their own food

c) to actually work when they DO turn up

d) to work a full day

e) to do more than 3 days a week

And of course the further North of the Equator, the more pernickety and quirky their demands, before you know it they'll be ringing ahead ordering specific fillings in the sarnies, and getting the hump when you've run out of specific filling.

:001_tongue:

#

Ah so you have been t'up north then ,Lol

You're right there Andy, I always demand to be supplied with tubes of smarties (with all the blue ones taken out), and an endless supply of fresh latte.

BTW, I'm sending you an invoice for two days last week, I didnt actually show up or do any work for you, but I need the money to fund my lavish hairdo, so i'm sure you'll understand and pay promtly!

If I came to climb for you, I'd be buying you lunch. 1 crown thin in 2 days???? How big was the tree?????????

I think that was the problem, the tree was tooooooo big for anyone round here so i thought i would get a pro in.

Perhaps its just because i`m such a soft touch and cant find any good climbers near me.

Dare say it was because of this he felt he should take liberties.

You're right there Andy, I always demand to be supplied with tubes of smarties (with all the blue ones taken out), and an endless supply of fresh latte.

BTW, I'm sending you an invoice for two days last week, I didnt actually show up or do any work for you, but I need the money to fund my lavish hairdo, so i'm sure you'll understand and pay promtly!

Yeah, have no issues with that, probably would have cut as much NOT turning up as any other good climber would have done not turning up, at least I knew you werent turning up so I didnt lose any time on the job we didnt do, well worth the money IMO. Of course you understand I have to deduct the expenses of said endless supply of lattes (fresh) which I had to discard, and strangely enough it came to the equivalent of 2 days non-labour (as mentioned above), hope you find this acceptable, and I look forward to not working with you again in the future.:001_smile:

I think that was the problem, the tree was tooooooo big for anyone round here so i thought i would get a pro in.

Perhaps its just because i`m such a soft touch and cant find any good climbers near me.

Dare say it was because of this he felt he should take liberties.

Whereabouts are you based??? PM me and we can might be able to sort something out, because spending 2 days just crown thinning one tree cant be very economical in the current climate of finances. Where you paying piece work or per day????