How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

Building up slowly for some ultra marathons,a few shorter distances on the way and some marathons before yorkshire ultra marathon in Jan- 50 mile run. If training stays injury free looking to do the fellsman 110 miler in may.That has a 36 hour cut off and you run through the night !

Thats serious distance! Best of luck with that, its sounds awful!!

Did some mountain biking at the weekend in Grizedale forest. 16 mile saturday followed by much beer and BBQ and about 9 on sunday. I forgot how draining it is riding single track. Must get up Hamsterley more often as its only round the corner from me.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Roughly left Newcastle Falcons ground near Ponteland, headed to Kirkley Hall turned to Rothbury way, then towards Scots Gap before going towards Hexham and then returning towards Ponteland round the back of Darras Hall, some nasty little climbs and some long drawn out slight inclines. Good day though and the Bug is back.:thumbup1:

Some cracking roads around that area isn't there! I went to college at Kirkley Hall and on nice days used to really wish I hadn't sold my road bike. I went out on my mountain bike a fair bit but just isn't the same, can't do the distances.

Back in Suffolk now though putting in between 12-20miles a day to get the base fitness back before getting a roady again :001_smile:

Edited by will.morris

Did my 5k run today. Progress is slow at the minute. I'd really like to run every other day but am really suffering with shore shins. Im not sure if I have put myself into it too hard too soon, although I really dont consider 5k going too hard

Steve, take it from me as a former marathoner. Be careful about your shin splints. It might be a good idea to break up your training with some biking and some swimming. The shin splints are generally caused from the calf muscles becoming more developed or at a faster rate than the muscles in the

front of your leg. In extreme cases stress fractures can and have occurred:thumbdown:.

easy-lift guy

Did you see how fast Alistair Brownlee ran when he won gold in the triathlon.

His run time for 10 K was less than 2 minutes more than Mo Farra's winning time!

Had he been running at that pace in Farra's race he would have finished ahead of the last 10k finalist!

Thats after 1500mtrs of swimming and 25 miles on the bike - incredibe!

Steve, take it from me as a former marathoner. Be careful about your shin splints. It might be a good idea to break up your training with some biking and some swimming. The shin splints are generally caused from the calf muscles becoming more developed or at a faster rate than the muscles in the

front of your leg. In extreme cases stress fractures can and have occurred:thumbdown:.

easy-lift guy

I'm not sure they are shin splints...i dont think they could have progressed to that stage yet, although I admittedly dont know much about shin splints. I think the front of my shins have just always been weak. For instance we had a day out at alton towers(theme park) about a month ago and the next day the front of my legs were sore just from walking around there all day.

Actually today is the first time my shins havent been overly sore the day after a run...perhaps i'm making a break through