Land Rover hydraulic take off.

Le Sanglier

The superwinch H14W driven by hydraulics are normally set to ~150bar (+-10bar), tractors are 175bar to 205bar, so you may find some reduction in the strength of any splitter etc as the PRV on the land rover will bypass sooner than the one on the implement, most of the PTO pumps mounted on the transfer box are ~60L/min flow.

But there were a number of methods the hydraulic systems were arranged which would dictate if the auxiliary would be as per the winch pressure (unified spool block with 2 levers – one for the winch and one for the auxiliary with one PRV so one pressure)

if there were 2 different pressures (separate spool blocks in series each with their own PRV with the one closest to the pump for the auxiliary with the pass-through/return into the winch one)

or if the auxiliary is activated by a solenoid valve or manual double 3-way valve that diverts all the hydraulics to the auxiliary and is devoid of pressure regulation on the land rover (the implement MUST have its OWN spool block with PRV) so one of the auxiliary pipes is always the feed and the other the return. (this type should always have a bypass hose plugged in between the auxiliary pipes in case the pump is turned on and switched over to auxiliary without anything connected)

Hi there!

mine as a lever for in/out for winch and a second lever for ether winch or tools.

Will this mean I have different flow pressure for tools then?

advice sought!

Ps; excuse the winch operator, who is always napping!

Steve

5976609cbb56f_cameramemory243.jpg.2aa84c1776cd6797ed464fa8e25f8ab9.jpg

• 1 year later...
This is what my valve block looks like on the 90

Out of interest where's the filter mounted on your landy? And does anyone know if you can mount them on their side?

HI MIKE thats what i have with my hydraulic pump it all there in a metal to fit on the truck thanks jon :thumbup:

I run a splitter off my td5 with the husky hw14 setup same as your pic and it works well. (Better than the old leyland tractor I used to use).

My splitter has a 4.5" or 5" ram and speed is almost too fast in 4th gear. I'm sure all my pipe work etc is 1/2"

On big rings I do have to remove the 4 way split attatchment to avoid the occasional stuck log which just slows the job down, and it wears me out nibbling at the edges (I'm not a big lad).

I can only think of one fault and that's that it brings a tear to my eye splitting logs on white diesel. :crying:

I run a splitter off my td5 with the husky hw14 setup same as your pic and it works well. (Better than the old leyland tractor I used to use).

My splitter has a 4.5" or 5" ram and speed is almost too fast in 4th gear. I'm sure all my pipe work etc is 1/2"

On big rings I do have to remove the 4 way split attatchment to avoid the occasional stuck log which just slows the job down, and it wears me out nibbling at the edges (I'm not a big lad).

I can only think of one fault and that's that it brings a tear to my eye splitting logs on white diesel. :crying:

HI MATE thats what i have for sale mate over 60lt per min flow rate large tanks to all very well made would cost loads of money i must be mad to sale for £450 thanks but mrs is going on about it now thanks jon

HI MATE thats what i have for sale mate over 60lt per min flow rate large tanks to all very well made would cost loads of money i must be mad to sale for £450 thanks but mrs is going on about it now thanks jon

Hi Jon not sure how well your kit would work on a td5 as they have a fly by wire throttle so the hand throttle won't, fit mine has a power on demand box so I can set the revs.

Hi Jon not sure how well your kit would work on a td5 as they have a fly by wire throttle so the hand throttle won't, fit mine has a power on demand box so I can set the revs.

HI ALBERT im told it will fit that the same truck this pump come off mate yours is fly by wire i no on revs BUT THIS WIRE JUST GOES ON TO PEDDLE SO OK THANKS MATE JON :thumbup: