Interview for climbing position with utility Arb Company

Animal

top hat and tails :lol:

seriously i would go with a suit and have your ppe to change into

or have a suit over your ppe and if they mention a practical exam rip the suit off like some super arb saying I'm always ready to go :thumbup:

good luck just be yourself :thumbup1:

:thumbup: I have tried my hardest to get my Stihl pants under my smart trousers and they are not having it!! oh well will have to just hide them in the nearest phone box!! :biggrin:

Wear the suite, they will instantly think you want the job especially if others don't. Also bringing your Ppe wether needed or not looks good but also make sure it's your good stuff and clean! Don't forget to tell them you have it. On another point re-read your cv and what you wrote on the application form. If they're big and using a scoring system then mention your examples from the job app again as they won't count unless you do. Also have some good questions prepared and ask about progression opportunities!

Good luck!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hay1zz

I know this interview is over and done now, but the thread is applicable to others, so....

Remember what you are there for, its to sell a product...you! So make that product as marketable as possible, put it in a smart package, make it look clean and fresh but practical. if you look good you'll feel good, if you feel good, you'll be more confident in your product, if youre confident in your product it will sell easily. Congratulations, you have just got the job, when can you start? :thumbup:

Well over and done with!! They have asked me back for a second interview which is hopefully promising, the job is better than I thought and I hope I have “sold” my self enough to get the position!!

Really appreciate all the feedback guys – @ Andy Collins I hope this thread can be helpful for others too, especially the times we are in, a job is really precious its not just hard work and Qualifications that will cut it!! You have to be a whole package that can be flexible, presentable and enthusiastic! Good luck to anyone trying to find a job!

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Well over and done with!! They have asked me back for a second interview which is hopefully promising, the job is better than I thought and I hope I have “sold” my self enough to get the position!!

Really appreciate all the feedback guys – @ Andy Collins I hope this thread can be helpful for others too, especially the times we are in, a job is really precious its not just hard work and Qualifications that will cut it!! You have to be a whole package that can be flexible, presentable and enthusiastic! Good luck to anyone trying to find a job!

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry to bring up an oldish post but thought you might be interested in an update!

I got a phone call earlier in the week from their area manager to offer me the job!!!! :) well happy and thanks to all you guys who posted the advise!!

I hope this thread can help others! I certainly felt a lot more confident with a smart shirt and tie.

Thanks again