Terms and conditions - pay rates in particular

Dunno about you but I fell apart physically at 30 and ground work was forced upon me. Saying that my climber is 35 but still going due to the fact that his metabolism isn't dead like mine! My 107 kg and 6'4" frame is safer ringing with an MS660!

I'm 44 and still easily got 10 years in me, climbing is as hard as you wish to make it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how long you been doing it Dean?

The last six years, but my body was trashed before I came back into Tree Surgery, my back is knackered. Every job I have had involved heavy manual lifting

If I stop I will seize up, so I don't, I will just keep going, that's after I roll out of bed in a morning and get our lass to put mi socks on. :001_smile:

The last six years, but my body was trashed before I came back into Tree Surgery, my back is knackered. Every job I have had involved heavy manual lifting

If I stop I will seize up, so I don't, I will just keep going, that's after I roll out of bed in a morning and get our lass to put mi socks on. :001_smile:

hands off cocks, on with socks!

I know what you mean. I spent a lot of time in the office in 2007. I started to get lots of aches and pains. This year I've een climbing hard, and the aches have gone away.

I personally believe climbing is a very healthy occupation.

My father started climbing when he was 30. he was still climbing commercially till he was 55 and able to climb and dismantle a tree this year, and he's 68.

My father started climbing when he was 30. and able to climb and dismantle a tree this year, and he's 68.

mate thats a bit ruff on the ol' guy Lol :scared1: you sure want your pound of flesh dont ya

but seriously, your Dad must be a Top man, or a complete lun' lol

effective tree climbing in my opinion, is mainly a result of technique, skill & experience.

speed is often a youthfull and inexperienced trait

the old joke about

A young & old bull stood on top of a hill, are talking about the herd of cows that they are watching in the fields below them,

the young bull says "i'm going to run down there & s**g the first cow I get to" ,

the old bull says "fine you do that but i'm going to walk & s**g the lot" .:biggrin:

Edited by Yorkshireman

I know climbers that stopped climbing at 35 "because of their age" come on!!!!!!!!!!

Well 35 is a bit poor, but I suppose it depends on what injuries youve picked up over the years.

I know quite a few lads mid 30's that have probs with there wrists, elbows and knees.

I'm sure I could be climbing at 50+ but it wont be every day and not up to the standard I'm at now.

Where as grounding I think can be done at a good pace for a longer period.

I havent seen many if any at all decent climbers aged 45+ who can do it day in day out.