Terms and conditions - pay rates in particular

They are probably too busy checking if there trucks have covers on the battery terminals tbh :tongue_smilie:

Out of all the lads I've worked along side with over the years (sorry no girls involved, not being sexist) I would say that I would only employee approx 20% of them, the others were wasters who thought they were over worked, under paid and always got the crappy jobs to do! Not one of them ever thought that they were poor groundsmen/climbers all thought a lot more highly of themselves than they were worth.

Lol they would prob say the same a bout me though:001_tongue:

Very true!!

I have staggered by how little work some think is an acceptable days work:thumbdown:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the lads I've worked along side with over the years (sorry no girls involved, not being sexist) I would say that I would only employee approx 20% of them, the others were wasters who thought they were over worked, under paid...

Curious. Nearly everyone I've worked with has worked pretty hard.

With the exception of some of the lads at the council (didn't count them in the six firms BTW).

I've only met one girl in this business, she was doing her chainsaw training and her name was Denise. Which I though was very appropriate because she kept testing her chainsaw trousers. ;)

its probably a work placement, ive subbyed to firms with work placement lads, and they are actually not obliged to pay them anything

this is true

i have a day release boy for 1 day a week his college superiors told me that i didnt have to pay him.

but i bung him £40 cash i think this is fair , sometimes we dont even need him but hay he has got to get exsperience from someone

Personally:

ND lad allthe gear no idea £65/day but could see rapid rises to £100/day in the 1st year or so, or dick around & stay on £65-75

Aprentice with ton's of potential £70/day increasing as he gets his tickets

Good climber with sh*t atendance £80/day possibly less/day but with an atendance bonus for a clear week

Lead climber who can run the show £100-£160/day dependant on experiance.

I can't seem to find a company that will pay a climber round this area (Bristol) much more than 70pound a day and I've worked for a few firms and know alot of tree boys in the area. I think its time to relocate :sad:

I can't seem to find a company that will pay a climber round this area (Bristol) much more than 70pound a day and I've worked for a few firms and know alot of tree boys in the area. I think its time to relocate :sad:

Good idea mate - far too many tree surgeons around here!

There are a few that will pay top money for top subbies, but the money around the south west is generally pretty low.