Ref toyota land cruiser how good are they

mendiplogs

I agree with you they do keep going but the japs and the germans just dont get it with styling. the landcruisers got butons like boiled sweats on the dash they are just not the same we have a 90 tdci we bought new its had loads of faults but touch wood its all sorted

I hope that's a mighty bit of wood your touching!

Sounds like a GTI would be more your thing you look only at what,ll get you from 0-60 quicker and how flash it is completely missing the point.

We got an old 97 4.2 24v turbo cruiser, over 300,000 miles on it, the lacquer has gone off the bonnet from where someone massively overheated the engine, it clicks and clanks on full lock and has done for a year ( we will fix it when it breaks) the manifold is cracked, you got to drop the clutch and grind it into 1st and 2nd, the steering wheel is to the frickin metal, yet this week I towed the 15" 3.5ton chipper to site.

It's just a beast of burden know one gives a penny on it, it's not about 0-60 or how sexy the button feels to push it just works, it gets the kit to site and us back home, show me a 15 year old disco that can do this!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I traded my old landcruiser in for a newer one, the old landcruiser had cover nearly half a million miles and had nothing more major than a new alternator.

They are not over priced, they are priced so because the parts used to build them are top quality and built to last

My defender has covered 165k miles and has had two new engines, two gearboxes, one transfer box, a new front axle, every part in the braking system has been replaced.......in fact it,s easier to say that the only original parts are the chassis, cab and back axle

we have always been landrover you eather love them or hate them they are crap but the best if that makes sense. my dad had a disco 3 bought it at a year old it was a nightmare he bought an amazon 2007 its pish compared to a disco a disco would eat it power wise its like driving a lorry they just dont have the refinement of a landrover you dont see the royals or estate owners etc driving landcruisers they just dont look the part we got rid and bought a range rover amazon engines are great they last forever becouse they have no refinement they are like a lorry engine you drive 400 miles in a landcruiser then you will know youve driven 400k[/ BIGGEST LOAD RUBBISH I'VE SEEN WRITTEN ON HERE IN LONG TIME

we have always been landrover you eather love them or hate them they are crap but the best if that makes sense. my dad had a disco 3 bought it at a year old it was a nightmare he bought an amazon 2007 its pish compared to a disco a disco would eat it power wise its like driving a lorry they just dont have the refinement of a landrover you dont see the royals or estate owners etc driving landcruisers they just dont look the part we got rid and bought a range rover amazon engines are great they last forever becouse they have no refinement they are like a lorry engine you drive 400 miles in a landcruiser then you will know youve driven 400k[/ BIGGEST LOAD RUBBISH I'VE SEEN WRITTEN ON HERE IN LONG TIME

HI NICK i like that mate :thumbup1::thumbup1:jon :thumbup: