ifor tipper etc

Matthew Storrs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know what you mean. They are like a self tapping screw.

Do you find the aluminium plate bows out or gets dented if you load it with logs?

Cheers

Jonathan

Hi Jonathen,

because the framework of the original mesh sides is close & quite heavy this makes a very solid going on. We put the chequer inboard as the risen 'bits' offer additional protection against dings and dents.

When I ordered the alloy, I got a lot of 6mm and I did contemplate using it for the trailer, but it realy didn't need it.

The bandit blows chip in with no adverse effect and logs haven't dented so far!

Each section uses up a 2m x 1m sheet to do it in one piece... the roof another 2

Not sat down with a abacus to work out the cube, but around 7+.

Steve

I lie what you've done with that tt126 there little Steven, hope to do that with mine when I get it.

When buying trailers do many on here check if they're stolen through police or manufacturer? I've just been to view and agreed to buy a nice if or tipper and on my return my girlfriend asked if I had checked the vin to see if it was stolen, which worried me slightly. now I need to think of an excuse to go back and check it before I buy. Ie not checked this on either of my clippers and ever been stopped and checked myself. Does anyone else bother to check?

I lie what you've done with that tt126 there little Steven, hope to do that with mine when I get it.

When buying trailers do many on here check if they're stolen through police or manufacturer? I've just been to view and agreed to buy a nice if or tipper and on my return my girlfriend asked if I had checked the vin to see if it was stolen, which worried me slightly. now I need to think of an excuse to go back and check it before I buy. Ie not checked this on either of my clippers and ever been stopped and checked myself. Does anyone else bother to check?

Hi Billy,

100% agree with Nick..... ring the guy, ask him for the IFOR etched number, then ring Ifor.

If he is upset, then why? If you buy a stolen trailer, it will never belong to you. The guy selling will not & should not mind a quick security check.

(please make sure on collection the number he gave you is trailer you are collecting!!!)

I bought mine fm a main dealer and still wanted registration confirmation.

I'm amazed that you don't do everything you can to check the provenance of what you're buying - a quick phonecall to the manufacturers is all it takes. Please don't take this personally, but your relaxed attitude to what you buy helps drive the market for stolen plant and machinery. If people were more diligent at point of purchase it would limit the outlet for hot kit.

If you do end up buying something that has been stolen then it will be taken off you if it is discovered by the police (unlikely I know, but not unheard of). I saw one of those police camera programs and they pulled a guy on the motorway and took his ifor off him as the laser cut chassis number had been plated over and a jockey wheel bolted on to hide the work - a very professional identity cover up. However (and I was amazed) the copper knew what he was looking for and confiscated the trailer.

Plant manufacturers will be able to tell you what numbers should be where - if it isn't 100% then walk away (and ideally call the police - some poor sod maybe seriously out of pocket somewhere because of what you're being offered).