100ft poplar pollard

testcricket01

Liking the miniature groundie in Hi vis. Do child labour rules exists in Stanley? ;)

haha not mine , probly a little local scrote eye'n up the camara . im a firm believer in not having kids even after getting married 7 days ago

groundy - thats what the wifes for

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on getting marred, I mean married!

Go on have kids, you know you want to!

Back on topic. Well done for getting the job done. Bet your glad it is done and dusted? Just don't quote for the works in 7 or 8 years time.

Congrats on getting marred, I mean married!

Go on have kids, you know you want to!

Back on topic. Well done for getting the job done. Bet your glad it is done and dusted? Just don't quote for the works in 7 or 8 years time.

Cheers yer feeling good its done feel even better when i get paid for it now. They get it done every 5years least its been cut right off the road now so wouldnt be to bad now he says!

Time for a beer James!

Out of intrest,

would you do the same job again, in hindsight?

What sort of advert of you, do you think has been left to your competition? espically regarding to leaving it unfinished for so long (unavoidable i realise)

Was this tree TPO'd, if so (not your decision i know) how was the 'topping' ever allowed?

Not a dig (ive done far worse to far nicer trees, as have many arbs), but in hindsight, can you see why other firms diddnt do it?

Time for a beer James!

Out of intrest,

would you do the same job again, in hindsight?

What sort of advert of you, do you think has been left to your competition? espically regarding to leaving it unfinished for so long (unavoidable i realise)

Was this tree TPO'd, if so (not your decision i know) how was the 'topping' ever allowed?

Not a dig (ive done far worse to far nicer trees, as have many arbs), but in hindsight, can you see why other firms diddnt do it?

I would do the job again, i can see why people didnt fancy doing it. As for the image i hated leaving it half done looked awful but i dont think many people take notice really, wasnt tpo'd it had been pollarded to the previous heights every 5 yrs hes had it done 5 times since hes been there. It would have been same again pollard but he had report done which recommended reducing by 2 meters from previous points.

I would do the job again, i can see why people didnt fancy doing it. As for the image i hated leaving it half done looked awful but i dont think many people take notice really, wasnt tpo'd it had been pollarded to the previous heights every 5 yrs hes had it done 5 times since hes been there. It would have been same again pollard but he had report done which recommended reducing by 2 meters from previous points.

For what reason???

Because its a old tree for a poplar showing signs of decay. When we turned up today some fungus had appeared round the base dont no what it was. Alot of the timber we took off today was hollow centered aswell.

But the tree had already set up barriers and compartmentalised the decay, the regrowth needed removal to prevent it from tearing out, but I would have been inclined to cut back the pollard knuckles that had begun to form.

Although my recommendation would have been removal or topping/pollarding to a much lower point.

But the tree had already set up barriers and compartmentalised the decay, the regrowth needed removal to prevent it from tearing out, but I would have been inclined to cut back the pollard knuckles that had begun to form.

Although my recommendation would have been removal or topping/pollarding to a much lower point.

I made it much in his interest with the price to remove the tree because it would have been easier to do, but he wanted to keep i personally would have taken it much lower about 10ft above the main fork only problem is it would hang in the road

I made it much in his interest with the price to remove the tree because it would have been easier to do, but he wanted to keep i personally would have taken it much lower about 10ft above the main fork only problem is it would hang in the road

How would it of been more easier, more hassle i very much doubt it would of been easier?...

how could it possibly hang in the road more than it already is if you bring it down lower?

good job on sticking at it though mate credit were credit is due, you see a lot worst......:thumbup1:

again fingers........:001_huh: