The power of chipper power!

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did the no stress always kick in as much?

i don't think I've used a pto chipper that the no stress kicks in, they usually just keep chipping with the power from the mog/tractor. they may all be disconected though.:biggrin:

you will be chuffed its fixed though. :thumbup1:

Give the moggy a few more revs! Adding a few more will have the effect of giving the Jensen a "cushion" of power to use before the nsd clicks in. Are you running it at 540 or 1000 speed?

I'm running it at 1400rpm on the 1000PTO. I run it this way because that's how Redwood set I up for me when I bought it.

I was told that by running the engine faster the shaft will be spinning too fast and that would risk the bearings.

I'll call Arbrep to see what Charles says.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0w1kuv

I just spoke Charles and he says the flywheel MUST spin at 1000rpm as that is what it's designed to do.

I thought it was ok and I do have the nsd set to be quite sensitive as this avoids the Mog revs going down too much.

Of course the reason the nsd is as active as you see in the video is cos my Mog only has 6hp!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5sa3i5

I'm running it at 1400rpm on the 1000PTO. I run it this way because that's how Redwood set I up for me when I bought it.

I was told that by running the engine faster the shaft will be spinning too fast and that would risk the bearings.

I'll call Arbrep to see what Charles says.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0w1kuv

Thats very low revs, to get 1000 RPM at the PTO, you need to be at 2400 RPM I believe.

I run mine at 1800, this saves fuel, but if I'm doing a lot of big stuff or very wet conifer I up it to 2000 RPM.

Are the bearing grease able???

Thats very low revs, to get 1000 RPM at the PTO, you need to be at 2400 RPM I believe.

I run mine at 1800, this saves fuel, but if I'm doing a lot of big stuff or very wet conifer I up it to 2000 RPM.

Are the bearing grease able???

2400rpm? Blimey, I'd run out of fuel before lunch!

Roller bearings are greasable but not the bearings on the main shaft.