Way too quiet!!!!

aob9

I priced up a job dismantling a big Lime tree in a very tight space, £2500+vat. Today the client had the decency to call and thank me for my time but has had a "more competitive quote of £800 including vat".

By the way, the client is actually a friend! :lol::lol:

Tough times eh, tough times.......

Had the same a few weeks back. Massive Poplar dismantle, had 3k on it, client went for the cheaper price of 1.5k

What can you do??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on the club for a good 6 months through Ill health, I am now txting, emailing, ringing and leafletting my heart out, and the results are productive to say the least. never give up, never wait for the work to come to you, push push push all the time. :thumbup1:

Try doing things in a different way, my mog has gone and instead of chipping into the back of a truck and hauling away, i'v got a TW veri track,the hopper comes off, which we can get in most places and we now chip into dumpy bags using a diffuser so the chip just drops loose into the bag which is held open by a modified fork attachment which is fitted to the chipper, i then sell the bags as an extra back to the client for a fee on top of the cost of the job, we can now achieve my 2man target day rate in approx 5hrs so i now earn about 30 to 40% more in a day . savings are in not hauling, much less dragging and fuel and in cleaning up as the closser you get to the task and process the less time is spent on a rake. We can still remove arisings from site , but 85% of the time the client likes the idear of the bag.

Any chance of a few pics of the diffuser and bolk bag forks ?

pretty please with a cherry on top

I've been on the club for a good 6 months through Ill health, I am now txting, emailing, ringing and leafletting my heart out, and the results are productive to say the least. never give up, never wait for the work to come to you, push push push all the time. :thumbup1:

:thumbup: Well said Andy - you always have to be proactive about finding work, even if it is just handing out business cards to people. They are cheap enough not too worry about giving them out to loads of people.

agreed, tough times for all of us. Some prices round here that make you eyes water and constantly having to justify my prices...I'm getting less than 50% of stuff I price up...competition is generally; unqualified, using doleys on the ground, no PPE and on landscapers insurance. Freelancing is no better....lots of young lads working 12 hour days for £30 a day less. Fight thru chaps...it can't last forever! ;)