speach less!

Craig Johnson

They have defiantly been done before and it looks like they have just cut back to the same points.

Those "rot pockets" will be providing valuable habitat for all manner of creatures and now the timber above the rot has been removed they are perfectly safe, in a few years they will look fine.

I have never been called out to limb failure from a topped tree, I really don't think its the danger some see it to be.

I would say your average Ash tree is more dangerous than most topped trees, should all Ash trees be felled???

The danger is there Dave, otherwise the work would not have been carried out and I,m not saying it has happened, but you can bet they have dropped a limb off that triggered the survey.

Habitat formation is good, yes I,m all for that as you know, but not right at the side of one of the busiest footpaths in the country :001_smile:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the trees that are memorable to so many who see them.....but for the right reason.

If these were on the same street in york, they would be a tourist attraction in their own right.

This is the way I would like to see work on problem trees in the UK moving toward to be able to control their size in that enviroment and have something which most see as aesthectically pleasing

pollard.jpg.a0d56d2f7817914781904d4f0acf7ae8.jpg

The danger is there Dave, otherwise the work would not have been carried out and I,m not saying it has happened, but you can bet they have dropped a limb off that triggered the survey.

Habitat formation is good, yes I,m all for that as you know, but not right at the side of one of the busiest footpaths in the country :001_smile:

Not necessarily, the trees were originally reduced/topped for some reason (they were considered too tall by some one for some reason) I bet the rot pockets mentioned on the report were just used as a justification for carrying out the work.