My first Mog

chrisgilltreesurgery

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye lol im gona wait till i get my nice shiney exhaust first!

Thats another 600 you've got to earn. The way you're going this week selling your body parts will mean you won't be able to reach the pedals!

If you go that route, bags I refusal on chainsaw trousers!

Steve

Your going to have to change your web site...:001_smile:

"Seven years after setting up in business, Tyneside tree surgeon Chris Gill finally has the vehicle he always wanted – a new Fuso Canter.

Chris Gill Tree Surgery was established in 2004 but proprietor Mr Gill worked previously for another company in the same field. "They had a Canter which I just thought was a fantastic little truck," he recalled.

"When I set out on my own I tried to be very careful to control expenditure, so initially I made do with a series of used vans. But I always knew that when I was in a position to invest in a new truck, it would have to be a Canter."

Mr Gill's 3.5-tonne Canter 3C15 model was supplied by Mercedes-Benz dealer Bell Truck and Van, of Longbenton, Newcastle – the German manufacturer's dealer network is also responsible for sales and support of the Fuso light truck range in the UK. Mounted on its robust, ladder-frame chassis is a bespoke, high-sided body by CVC, of Blaydon.

Although Ponteland-based Chris Gill Tree Surgery serves some commercial customers, it undertakes most of its work for private customers, pruning, felling and planting trees in domestic gardens.

The truck is now hard at work transporting Mr Gill and his team of two, and towing a large wheeled wood-chipper, to sites across the north-east.

"The Canter is the ideal vehicle for the job, just as I knew it would be," he continued. "The turning circle is excellent, which makes manoeuvring in narrow residential streets easy, even when towing a chipper.

"It also carries weight extremely well – the cab-forward design means any cargo is much more evenly distributed between the axles, whereas the vans I've used previously tend to sit very 'tail-heavy'. The flat-fronted cab also helps give a smaller overall footprint.

"At 18,000 miles the service intervals are long and I expect the high-quality Japanese engineering to translate into excellent reliability, while the fact that the three-year warranty has no mileage limit demonstrates the manufacturer's faith in its product.

"It's great to drive too," he added. "Even with three people in the cab, a load on the back and a chipper towed behind, there's ample power from the 150hp engine. I definitely made the right choice."

Your going to have to change your web site...:001_smile:

"Seven years after setting up in business, Tyneside tree surgeon Chris Gill finally has the vehicle he always wanted – a new Fuso Canter.

Chris Gill Tree Surgery was established in 2004 but proprietor Mr Gill worked previously for another company in the same field. "They had a Canter which I just thought was a fantastic little truck," he recalled.

"When I set out on my own I tried to be very careful to control expenditure, so initially I made do with a series of used vans. But I always knew that when I was in a position to invest in a new truck, it would have to be a Canter."

Mr Gill's 3.5-tonne Canter 3C15 model was supplied by Mercedes-Benz dealer Bell Truck and Van, of Longbenton, Newcastle – the German manufacturer's dealer network is also responsible for sales and support of the Fuso light truck range in the UK. Mounted on its robust, ladder-frame chassis is a bespoke, high-sided body by CVC, of Blaydon.

Although Ponteland-based Chris Gill Tree Surgery serves some commercial customers, it undertakes most of its work for private customers, pruning, felling and planting trees in domestic gardens.

The truck is now hard at work transporting Mr Gill and his team of two, and towing a large wheeled wood-chipper, to sites across the north-east.

"The Canter is the ideal vehicle for the job, just as I knew it would be," he continued. "The turning circle is excellent, which makes manoeuvring in narrow residential streets easy, even when towing a chipper.

"It also carries weight extremely well – the cab-forward design means any cargo is much more evenly distributed between the axles, whereas the vans I've used previously tend to sit very 'tail-heavy'. The flat-fronted cab also helps give a smaller overall footprint.

"At 18,000 miles the service intervals are long and I expect the high-quality Japanese engineering to translate into excellent reliability, while the fact that the three-year warranty has no mileage limit demonstrates the manufacturer's faith in its product.

"It's great to drive too," he added. "Even with three people in the cab, a load on the back and a chipper towed behind, there's ample power from the 150hp engine. I definitely made the right choice."

Yes that will have to go lol

Old hat now!

If only that age of Mog drove a little more like a Range Rover than a David Brown lol :biggrin:

Edited by skyhuck
language