tree contracts and tenders

treeracer25

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your council will probably have an internal policy to only use AAAC companies.

Also, construction companies etc are inclined to use AAAC companies as they have to use CHAS accredited companies to comply with their insurance and CHAS. AAAC status provides CHAS accreditation for small Arb firms.

From there on you will have to be on the phone and email 24/7 generating work for yourself.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cs5f5d

Do a cracking job, make sure all your customers are highly delighted at the end of each job, most of my customers say "I will recommend you to my friends"

Its amassing who people know.

Just needs you to work for the family or friend of some one in the relevant position and your name can come into the frame.

Also try to help out all customers who ring, I ground out a stump for a guy who was struggling to have some decking done at home (the stump was in the way) only an £80 job. Turned out the guy was the MD at a big firm, I've since had two £3K jobs off them.

Generally you need to be invited to tender, its not something you can look up and then stick your price in.

Not down here. Just go to the government's South East Business Portal and they're all there. Anyone can apply for the tenders provided they meet the requirements of the tender, which are all clearly given in black and white, along with the relevant forms. See https://www.businessportal.southeastiep.gov.uk/sece/opportunity.nsf/fcontent?ReadForm&requesttype=view&requestview=authority&start=1&count=10&contentid=1.003

Your council will probably have an internal policy to only use AAAC companies.

Also, construction companies etc are inclined to use AAAC companies as they have to use CHAS accredited companies to comply with their insurance and CHAS. AAAC status provides CHAS accreditation for small Arb firms.

From there on you will have to be on the phone and email 24/7 generating work for yourself.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cs5f5d

They shouldnt in regards to asking for AAAC, IIRC they could face serious consequences, and so they should.

Speak to your LA and get on their list.

Commercial is more difficult as you need to know who is doing the work, where and when.

Landscaping development and groundwork companies are a good start as they usually get the tree work lumped in with their more important works.