IPAD for business?

Czlowiek Drzewo

DON'T BOTHER. Trust me they are crap. You don't get word docs and the like as it's not a Microsoft make its apple. I got one I'm using now and it's crap. All it's food for as surfing the web.

The only way I can do proper emails is to do a draft on my pc save it to outbox, then I can go on iPad and use the draft that way to make an email.

I use a three sim card from Argos and top it up like a mobile with my bank card.

If you can go tesco they have them on the shelf that you can try. If not find someone with one and try it out. BUt try it out in a way that you would at work. Not just play with it.

I wish I had saved some money and got a decent laptop.

Take a picture, create a quote, send an invoice, spill a beer on, watch reg's latest YouTube video...all from an iPad or similar. the only mistake you've made is to waste some beer...sent from an iPad in the pub while I write emails.

Summer has finally arrived in Sydney just in time for Autumn and I'm drinking a beer from Mudgee called Spring being careful not to spill any.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often edit massive combined RAMS documents on the iPad 2 using docs2go. No it hasn't got the functionality of a desktop device but the it's not designed for that.

It will do what you want and it'll do it well. The iPad goes everywhere with me as a backup device. I also have a drop box account which holds important templates etc. Docs2go talks to this and allows me to access what I need when I need it. You can export direct to email from docs2go.

The latest iPad3 looks to be able to run pages which is Apples word processor. Be interesting to see what the cross compatibility is like.

Get one, you will not ever regret it.

I often edit massive combined RAMS documents on the iPad 2 using docs2go. No it hasn't got the functionality of a desktop device but the it's not designed for that.

It will do what you want and it'll do it well. The iPad goes everywhere with me as a backup device. I also have a drop box account which holds important templates etc. Docs2go talks to this and allows me to access what I need when I need it. You can export direct to email from docs2go.

The latest iPad3 looks to be able to run pages which is Apples word processor. Be interesting to see what the cross compatibility is like.

All the iPads can run pages, they have just updated it to be compatible with the retina display. Cross compatibility is average, you can save as a PDF which keeps all the styling, or a .doc which is an old fashioned word document, it won't look the same when you open it up in word on a pc, formatting and styling is lost a bit. Other than that, it's good!

Maybe I am the odd one out but I got a 3g Ipad 2 and do regret it. It is brill as a media viewer but is very poor for even limited business use and is certainly not a patch on a notepad or laptop.

I do feel like I am missing something with all the hype but it just doesn't hack it for me and, at the price we paid, it is a very very expensive toy.

DON'T BOTHER. Trust me they are crap. You don't get word docs and the like as it's not a Microsoft make its apple. I got one I'm using now and it's crap. All it's food for as surfing the web.

The only way I can do proper emails is to do a draft on my pc save it to outbox, then I can go on iPad and use the draft that way to make an email.

Nonsense, the Office suite was written for Mac.

Pages is the mac word processor for iPad. Get the right apps and you can do almost anything with the iPad.

Hi

Firstly, you should get iWork or Pages from the ap store, they are very reasonable. This provides you with a word processor - & spreadsheet & presentations if you buy iWork - all these applications are MUCH nicer to use than their Microsoft equivalents, Word in the past has driven me to despair see

Avoid Microsoft Word

A real advantage with Apple is that you can print to PDF format, Im fairly sure iPad can do this but check, I produce all my invoices as so & e-mail them quotes/invoices/receipts out to clients.

so go for it

N

Nonsense, the Office suite was written for Mac.

Pages is the mac word processor for iPad. Get the right apps and you can do almost anything with the iPad.

Tbh I do very little with the iPad, other than surf the web, (read that as sit on Arbtalk all day!!) as I don't even know what apps are the best for what I need for tasks I don't even know I can do on it, if you catch my drift! Perhaps I should take a master class in ipadding