I Can't Be The Only One?

Ollie Wall

I have done peak force tests on crabs that have been thrown about the tree,

30kn crabs failing between 18 and 4 kn,

Not a good idea :thumbdown:

Gollum, have these krabs been solely 'prepared' for testing this variable (thrown about a tree) or have they been subject to all the usual stresses aswell? Have they been compared to same counterparts that haven't been thrown about a tree?

Thanks, Dee.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to hear more about the karabiner issue? I always leave mine on when throwing.

The cambium saver point is interesting as well :confused1:. How would you go about getting one down without dropping it?

I put the throw line on my rope when retrieving the saver i can then control it's decent.

The cambium saver point is interesting as well :confused1:. How would you go about getting one down without dropping it?

Throwing line in a chalk bag, clip one end to cambium saver, throw the bag with throwing line inside over a fork. If you get a nicely positioned fork it can also be a big help in getting cambium savers out. I have an old 8oz throwing bag in the chalk bag to aid gravity.

This throwing bag on your rope/harness stuff is whack. As far as I can tell it must be for people who have a hard time getting up the tree in the first place? I don't find myself spending a great deal of time throwing my rope over my head, certainly not enough to warrant putting weights on my harness.

I have done peak force tests on crabs that have been thrown about the tree,

30kn crabs failing between 18 and 4 kn,

Not a good idea :thumbdown:

No offence but this is not really cool without at least putting forward how you came to this. There a many things I,ve seen that would put people off using many components.

Things always need to be put in context.

Especially when you state failing at 4kn which is very low and easily achievable, although in a drt system it would need to around 8kn fall.

No offence but this is not really cool without at least putting forward how you came to this. There a many things I,ve seen that would put people off using many components.

Things always need to be put in context.

Especially when you state failing at 4kn which is very low and easily achievable, although in a drt system it would need to around 8kn fall.

Easily achievable how?

All of my tests were carried out with a peak force meter.

loading the crabs as they correctly should be, loading them for 3 mins at 5 kn intervals. New crabs were used as well, all performing as they should.

I will post my full recordings later.

I see you have posted a new thread regarding old kit,

If you send it to me. I will test IT

Would like to hear more about the karabiner issue? I always leave mine on when throwing.

Have seen some good videos on Youtube that show this method of safe retreival, using your throw line to contol the desent. try typeing "cambium saver" in the search bar on Youtube.

Hope this helps.:heeeelllllooooo:

I have another method for throwing my rope which works great and you don't need any throw bags or any knots that undo themselves when thrown etc... If you want to know my secret then you will just have to wait till I get a new pc so I can get photos up cos its not easy to explain. If you are good at throwing darts then this ones for you :thumbup:

Either that or you can come see me and I can show you first hand, then I would have to kill you... :lol: