Ref sainsburys frome out of petrol what a lol

mendiplogs

I reckon i could carry the saws and oh no the saws need fuel! we will carry the silkys instead and my groundie can carry or balance the ladder. its amazing what you can cut with them. it will pump your biceps up!. i did have my bike trailer but sold that, that would have been handy for this. :thumbup:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little village garage nr me had queues yesterday, blocking the roads! Absolutely stupid, people falling for the hype! This is going to cripple the country at this rate. I heard some garages put up their prices by about 5p per litre to slow down sales, didn't work!! So now we've proved that a) we will pay as much as they want for fuel and b) just the mere mention of a strike and we will panic buy. How very clever, on behalf of the truck drivers, and how very stupid on behalf of the govt. Or was it? Was it just a ruse by them all along? So the garages hiked the prices by another 5p per litre, they will drop it by maybe 3p after the "crisis", yet we will still have yet another fuel price rise. Win win for the government coffers again :thumbdown:

Little village garage nr me had queues yesterday, blocking the roads! Absolutely stupid, people falling for the hype! This is going to cripple the country at this rate. I heard some garages put up their prices by about 5p per litre to slow down sales, didn't work!! So now we've proved that a) we will pay as much as they want for fuel and b) just the mere mention of a strike and we will panic buy. How very clever, on behalf of the truck drivers, and how very stupid on behalf of the govt. Or was it? Was it just a ruse by them all along? So the garages hiked the prices by another 5p per litre, they will drop it by maybe 3p after the "crisis", yet we will still have yet another fuel price rise. Win win for the government coffers again :thumbdown:

I see Andy

You're getting as cynical as me

Must be an age thing:biggrin:

I hate the government

Spent nearly 2 hours yesterday trying to go north through the Dartford tunnel

Massive queues

Just for the pleasure of paying for a bridge that we have already paid for.

Once through the tolls everything fine- I just can't get my head round why they have this system.

Even on the way back the traffic wombles had closed the slipway onto the M25 for no apparent reason and we had to detour north 4 miles in bad traffic to get back on the M25 where there were no queues trying to go south- As we drove past the closed slip road it was completely clear with a womble sat at the far end still stopping traffic using it.

Can't say anything to the toll operative or you get arrested so end up wound up.

It's just a toll to pay people to collect a toll and in the process we get to waste thousands of man hours and gallons of fuel- WTF

Rant over

I put fuel in 3 times yesterday because i drove down the country (not because I was panic buying lol). Once just North of Newcastle at a Shell £1.41pl, no problems, then topped up about 80 miles into the journey on the basis that I thought it would get me home £1.39pl ... then was taken on a massive diversion on the A1 which took about 45mins maybe a bit more so I had to put another tenner in at a shell garage just before Cambridge services ... this last stop was the only station that seemed to have a problem as only about 3 pumps had standard unleaded and was I hell putting vpower in my knackered rover 200, so I queued for about 15mins for the standard stuff.

On a more positive note though I have been offered the job I applied for as a climber over in Canada, so fingers crossed I can sort my visa and get out there :thumbup: