afghanistan

sussexlad

Interesting that the WMD saga was based on the lies of one man, who claimed to have seen them, claimed to have seen the vehicles that supposedly moved them from A to B and so on. Interesting also that the sketch of the vehicles for transportation of WMDs didn't look realistic enough to convince the powers that be so the sketches were then "enhanced" to make them more believable. Fact. Colin Powell fell for this web of deceit and convinced others (us) to follow him. Fact.

Our military leaders assess before going into conflict the prediction of casualties/KIAs, if this is an acceptable rate they will go into action, if it's too high they will advise against It. Fact. We have not yet reached the figure of casualties that becomes unacceptable to the big chiefs... The predicted date for that figure is around 2015, in the Afghan theatre, but wait we should have pulled out of there by then, so they will declare it militarily a success.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't my enemy, clever people pull the strings in this world, for there own financial gain and power Muslim clerics are not those people, those that control the money control the governments.....

Bang on there lee.

2 of my mates hitched.and.trecked across afgan 4 years ago. They had no trouble at all and the landscape there looks amazing. He said the same thing, "not my war, so why not go see it".

lets hope the time we do find WMD's they are not being set off in our cities. When we pull out of Afghan in a couple of years time, we will leave bases there, just as in Iraq. They will continue to attack of course, but the fighting will just move to another place...a bit nearer to home.

This lot are in it to win it, they are dedicated and want to fight us anywhere they can... there's only one acceptable outcome for them.

We are not fighting them out of choice. Its would be great to just walk away from it all and for everything to be 'happy ever after', but that is not going to happen. Its going to be a long, hard fight that we cannot and will not lose....the UK is yet to take a really bad hit, when we do, attitudes will harden up a bit and the gloves will come off. A sad eventuality.

IMO if we pull out now, 2015, or 2020 the outcome will eventually be the same. the corruption needs to be wormed out first or it undermines all the good. i hope im proved wrong and the ANA and ANP can control the security sufficiently and honestly.

progress just seems too slow, we have been there in any substancial numbers for 6 years and the americans even longer, how much more can we make in another 2? again i hope my opinion can be proved wrong, but only time will tell.

Bang on there lee.

2 of my mates hitched.and.trecked across afgan 4 years ago. They had no trouble at all and the landscape there looks amazing. He said the same thing, "not my war, so why not go see it".

I find your reply really interesting. So 4 years ago two of your mates decided to travel across Afghanistan and had no trouble at all:sneaky2:. Now I would really like to believe that your Two friends actually "trecked across" Afghanistan but I believe there are very strong travel restrictions for Non-military personel through out the entire country. I believe that is also for citizens of the UK as well. Of all the troops I have spoke to here State side I have never heard of any civilians being permitted to travel with out some form of excort either by the host country or a stationed Military partner, ie. NATO or US Military. So if what your friends say is true how did they do it?, why was the locals not interested in a couple of tourist passing through?. I am sure that any number of groups would have been interested including the ones presently on a daily basis trying to kill most Westerners:thumbdown:.

easy-lift guy

You have it wrong easy lift ... Most travelling are probably blown up by A10's or Apache's that's probably what makes travelling difficult.

Your right, we can't get them all but we still need the practice so there won't be as many coming over to kill us and even you, if given the chance.

easy-lift guy

You have it wrong easy lift ... Most travelling are probably blown up by A10's or Apache's that's probably what makes travelling difficult.

Why are you so hellbent on disliking our Troops and Services but willing to overlook the Taliban and other groups who murder, maim and torture innocent people on a regular basis ?

- For example cases where the Taliban have thrown a hand grenade into a group of children knowing full well NATO and in particular UK troops would do a Medevac and try to save the children just so they can ambush us ? [believe this has been mentioned in Bombhunters by Sean Rayment]

- The UN Gave funding for a Football Stadium to be built and when the Taliban took power they used it to publically execute people [ Ahmed Rashid - Taliban and Militant Islam ]

- Or the countless Christian aid workers who have been murdered and beheaded because they were Christians ? both in Afghanistan and Pakistan ? check News Articles and Liveleak if you don't believe me

Forgetting important details like that, you're more likely to step on a mine than be blown up by an A10 or an Apache as well, since Afghanistan is one of the most heavily mined places on the planet, let alone the Soviet Legacy minefields all over.

Might want to remember '' small '' details like that in the future, rather than jump to slagging our Troops off.

Why are you so hellbent on disliking our Troops and Services but willing to overlook the Taliban and other groups who murder, maim and torture innocent people on a regular basis ?

- For example cases where the Taliban have thrown a hand grenade into a group of children knowing full well NATO and in particular UK troops would do a Medevac and try to save the children just so they can ambush us ? [believe this has been mentioned in Bombhunters by Sean Rayment]

- The UN Gave funding for a Football Stadium to be built and when the Taliban took power they used it to publically execute people [ Ahmed Rashid - Taliban and Militant Islam ]

- Or the countless Christian aid workers who have been murdered and beheaded because they were Christians ? both in Afghanistan and Pakistan ? check News Articles and Liveleak if you don't believe me

Forgetting important details like that, you're more likely to step on a mine than be blown up by an A10 or an Apache as well, since Afghanistan is one of the most heavily mined places on the planet, let alone the Soviet Legacy minefields all over.

Might want to remember '' small '' details like that in the future, rather than jump to slagging our Troops off.

Well put:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

I find your reply really interesting. So 4 years ago two of your mates decided to travel across Afghanistan and had no trouble at all:sneaky2:. Now I would really like to believe that your Two friends actually "trecked across" Afghanistan but I believe there are very strong travel restrictions for Non-military personel through out the entire country. I believe that is also for citizens of the UK as well. Of all the troops I have spoke to here State side I have never heard of any civilians being permitted to travel with out some form of excort either by the host country or a stationed Military partner, ie. NATO or US Military. So if what your friends say is true how did they do it?, why was the locals not interested in a couple of tourist passing through?. I am sure that any number of groups would have been interested including the ones presently on a daily basis trying to kill most Westerners:thumbdown:.

easy-lift guy

Well they went. One of the guys died last year (not travel related) bit the other still has all the photos on facebook. I don't know what the travel restrictions are but they travelled accross a couple other " Stan " countries, across afgan and into Pakistan. My mate is a white, tattooed, pierced, punk, so did have to dress in local clothe and did have to use local fixers to plan sensitive routes at times

Both of these guys are not exactly orthodox and have spent most of their lives either travelling or living in Africa.

Against official advice I have travelled alone in Colombia and though the casamance in Senegal amonst other less popular tourist destinations. People are just the same throughout the world, its a small.percentage of nutters and governments that dictate nations are veiwed. I for one will not judge a man's actions in another country. How many of these terrorists have had to clean the remains of their kids from walls.and.floors.after a misplaced rocket lands in their compound? How would.you react?

If you travel with respect for people and their cultures I believe there are very.few places which you.can't go and have a nice time. It's not suprising that people who.travelled in uniform screaming authority have a different reception. My brother has been one of these guys and his exereinces of travelling in west Africa with a machine gun are the polar opposite of my experiences travelling with a surf board.

Edited by gibbon