recycling our nuclear waste into weapons

treemeup

basically they aint nuclear weapons, just radioactive bullets/shells, very good at piercing armor and they use it to make the armor also. but when they are fired they instantly give off radioactive dust as they go straight to 500 odd degrees, then when they impact they pierce, shatter, explode and release even more of the dust which if inhaled or injested will most likely kill you, it then lasts for 4.5billion years, everyone dies for a long time, if they disturb the site or drink contaminated ground water, also with it being the desert i guess its just blowing around.

it will wash away but it takes a while, especially in the desert, one us cleanup team took cant remember exactly but more than 6mths cleaning less than 20 vehicles, for shipment, which then took another 3years to finish cleaning back in the us, now the team are all dead or dying. the leader of the team claims cleaning it out of iraq is impossible, they fired around 3000 tonnes of the stuff out there, more in bosnia, maybe more in libya, some in afganistan....

i thought we covered it in concrete and buried the stuff!

Dirty thirty us that building, amazing to think nuclear waste just got dumped in a pool of water!

Watched the video you posted it is quite interesting not sure how much is actual fact rather than opinion though.

I've read quite a bit about nuclear disasters etc. And it's bloomin scary the thing that really bothers me, and it's not just nuclear, is that however many years ago we couldn't detect radiation, was us there at the minute that we could be emitting that we havnt find a detection device for?

yeah, it may be off but it does sound like there is a bit of deception going on, i don't think they really know if it's safe, just that it kills good.

was just reading about that dirty 30, sounds like they were a bit busy so just turfed everything into the pool like old supermarket trolly's!

Don't believe it all. I had to take cover a number of times near Mosul in N Iraq in a hardened ac shelter that was properly smashed by DU rounds. that was 9 years ago no effects so far and i don't expect there to be either. Certainly less effect on me than the original occupants might have had!

War is dangerous and it won't go away. We have to be better armed or we are more likely to loose more men - simple.

DU rounds don't create dust on penetration of armour fact. They penetrate by a process called hydro dynamic penetration. The dust occurs later when particles cool or hit something like concrete. Yes there is an issue but not as big as some will have you believe.

man that sucks!

well, if i see any blown up tanks or shot up engines i aint going nowhere near them!

hope the people at the top are getting this one right!

I pretty sure there is some risk (easy to counter by face masks and cleanliness etc) but asbestos is much worse. If you do see any beat up tanks let me know. I will get a few face masks and get the metal weighed in. Ha ha £££££££

In all seriousness the military is so safety conscious now the precautions taken are the same if not more stringent than civi industry. With every fatality being published in the media, taking non combat industrial risk is not an option in the current wars of choice.

Uranium is one of the densest materials available, a piece the size of a brick would weigh over 30Kg, That's why they use it, osmium is denser, an osmium brick would weigh almost 40kg, but its rare, and we seem to have a lot of nuclear waste kicking around.